What If ?

What if ?

Say you wanted a 5 day holiday in UK and you wanted your GF/wife/etc to go with you and you searched the holidays for Thais in UK.

You find a package tour with dates that are OK and you give her the cash to go and book the holiday. Holiday company agent does all the visa thing etc.

You book flights for the same days and then she meets you in London, or where you both land, tells the group holiday lot, see you in 5 days and gets back to the airport at the right time and flies back with the holiday group.

Just askin ?

Is this really worth your trouble and money for only 5 days ?? 2-3 weeks oke, but 5 days nahhhhh

Ok, say you wanted a two week holiday.

Just askin because wife's sisters husband has been over to St Andrews for golf a few times and the agency/tour company did the visa etc.

• Like 1

But when she applies for the Visa doesn't she have to let them (Embassy) know where she is going to stay ?

My Guess you better ask this question again in the "Visas and migration to other countries" subforum !

But when she applies for the Visa doesn't she have to let them (Embassy) know where she is going to stay ?

My Guess you better ask this question again in the "Visas and migration to other countries" subforum !

I would take it that the tour company/agent supplies the 'where staying list'

I would take it that the tour company/agent supplies the 'where staying list'

True, I'm now talking about Europe / Schengen and not about the UK as I don't know the rules there.

In Europe / Schengen when a Thai arrives they have to notify the police within 72 Hours of arriving. They will then get a piece of paper in their passport which on leaving they have to give back to Passport Control at the Airport. In the meantime her passports got get checked by Police, and it could raise some questions why that piece of paper isn't in her passport.

But again this is about Schengen / Europe and maybe this is something the UK isn't doing (wouldn't surprise me 1 bit) !!

I would still ask one of the mods to move this to "Visas and migration to other countries" subforum as the experts in Visas "life" there wink.png

Good Luck !wai.gif

Ps: A friend of mine is taking his wife for a Holiday to the Netherlands and they also wanted to go and visit her sister in the UK. But after talking to the British Embassy and VFS and considering the costs for the Visa etc they decided not to pursue it.

Edited by MJCM

I have also been told that this is a option for bypassing what for Thai Girlfriend to US is a one year ordeal on either a Fiance Visa or a marriage visa. No, we are not married. Getting a visitor visa though is next to impossible without her having a ton of money in the bank, she owns her own business and must own house and car.

Having said all that. Is there anyone that has used the "tour package" route to get Thai girlfriend into the US for a few weeks. Though we live in Thailand, love living in Thailand, I would love to take her there to visit and meet my family and show her around the west coast.

Any, all info would be greatly appreciated.

Id guess the tour guide would put out a report on a missing Thai girl to the police and a search would be underway. Wouldnt a responsible tour operator be obliged to do so?

Just get her a tourist visa.

Greatly appreciate your response but tourist visa very hard to get from Thailand to US.

800k baht in bank

Plus, own business

Own car and property

Or after a fricking year wait, even if most of above satisfed.

No entry is normal standard answer.

In my case. GF of two yrs has masters degree in economics and
business, owned, designed clothing for clothing store at 26 yrs old. But
does not have property tieing her to Thailand.

What's very sad is she has no desire to live in US. God bless her,
she loves her country, so do I. And just want to give her chance to
visit.

Thanks again