Skirts For Sweden Male Train Drivers

webfact

Sweden male train drivers wear skirts after shorts row

STOCKHOLM: -- A dozen male train drivers in Sweden have circumvented a ban on shorts by wearing skirts to work in hot weather.

The workers, who operate the Roslagsbanan line north of the capital Stockholm, have been wearing skirts to work for the past two weeks.

Employer Arriva banned the drivers from wearing shorts after taking over the running of the line in January.

But the company has given the men its blessing to wear skirts, according to local newspaper Mitti.

"Our thinking is that one should look decent and proper when representing Arriva and the present uniforms do that. If the man only wants [to wear] a skirt then that is OK," Arriva communications manager Tomas Hedenius told the paper.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22828150

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2013-06-10

Does it actually get warm in Sweden?

Yes of course - what a silly question - sometimes it gets up to 15 degrees...haha!

Actually I read that it does get "hot" there... average July temps of 20 degrees but apparently they do get days over 30...quite a range when you consider the other end of the scale during winter.

....mind you, that still doesn't excuse men in skirts... :)

Edited by Greer
  • Like 2

I had a friend in Indonesia who wore shorts to work as part of his uniform. he was summoned to the main companies HRD one day and told he couldn't wear shorts in the mill complex. So he took them off , right in the middle of the HRD office. They told him "Oh Ok never mind", so he put them back on and went back to work. ( It's a bit more complicated but that is the essence of the story)

Yes of course - what a silly question - sometimes it gets up to 15 degrees...haha!

Actually I read that it does get "hot" there... average July temps of 20 degrees but apparently they do get days over 30...quite a range when you consider the other end of the scale during winter.

....mind you, that still doesn't excuse men in skirts... smile.png

Today is June 10 and it is 25 degrees. this temperature has been the last 2 weeks. 25 degrees in Sweden is the same as 35 degrees in Thailand because the air is not as humid as in Thailand. And for the rest, it is Chinese companies from Hong Kong who runs the subway. So before you comment on article get di knowledge of topic

I wear my kilt a lot in Thailand as it gets so warm... but that my friend, is a skirt.

A kilt is a skirt, only the kilt has heavier material, and that's coming from a Scot who would not be seen dead in one.

Its all quite humorous really.... Im sure the company will end up regretting their initial decision in not permitting shorts. Tailored shorts, long sox/socks and shoes (Not sandals) look fine as part of a uniform during summer. Whats the problem me thinks.

Why not issue the drivers with thawbs? In company colours of course. The Arabs seem to find them cool enough. I understand that Sweden has more Muslims than any other northern European country so they wouldn't look too out of place.

• Like 1

Yes.

Those aren't skirts. They are kilts dammit.

skirts, kilts, knickers, panties what's the difference?smile.png

Those who cannot tell the difference between Skirts and Panties, must have led a sheltered life. whistling.gif