Please Help Me Find My Perfect Tablet Pc Under 7Kthb

jaideeguy

My head is spinning from all the options out there for tablets and have spent the last few days going over the too many offerings. Can anyone offer any recomendations??

1] price under 7,000thb

2] Local support and guarantee

3] mid size, 8-9 inch ideal [7 inch maybe]

4] decent memory, and hopefully the latest OS

5] decent battery life and preferably replaceable by user

6] good resolution

7] dual or quad core processor

8] USB input

9] decent camera, at least 3mb+

is this possible??

thanks in advance.........

Even USB port ?

So for that mean I could plug in USB and start watching movies?

That is one big plus over IPAD... I still haven't figured out how to watch any movies, as there seems to be some special APPLE format that makes it impossible to watch any movies unless up buy them through apple

Guessing there must be some work around for that , but I havent figured it out

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Even USB port ?

That is one big plus over IPAD... I still haven't figured out how to watch any movies, as there seems to be some special APPLE format that makes it impossible to watch any movies unless up buy them through apple

There a few apps that will play any format - but it's still not as easy as simply plugging in an external dive: you have to get the movies in that machine.

Even USB port ?

That's why I will never consider Apple.......they got you locked in with their movies. Most of the mid range tablets have at least a mini USB plug and some even have a real USB.

I have considered the Nexus7, but will give it a wait for now as the support is not available here yet?? It does have great specs.

Nexus 7 Ticks almost all of those boxes. I have one, and love it. Cost me about 8200 for the wifi only model.

Where is it sold in Thailand?

Does it support USB 3G dongle from Truemove?

Does it support any software for viewing/editing MS office documents?

Even USB port ?

CW - You need a "USB OTG" (On The Go) adapter. It has the regular big USB plug on the female side , and mini USB to plug into the tablet on the other. This will allow you to access a flash drive... watch movies, etc.

Service-wise, the Nexus 7 is actually manufactured by Asus, so can be taken to an Asus Service Center. There is one in Fortune Center, and one on Rama 4 Road in Bangkok that I know about.

Nexus 7 Ticks almost all of those boxes. I have one, and love it. Cost me about 8200 for the wifi only model.

Where is it sold in Thailand?

Does it support USB 3G dongle from Truemove?

Does it support any software for viewing/editing MS office documents?

Bought mine at Banana IT in Market Village Hua Hin. I've seen them in IT City and many other places. You can even order it online from the "Shop At Seven" website.

Never tried a dongle. I use it primarily at home, as I have an Samsung S2 that I carry everywhere. I connect to my phone via bluetooth when I'm out of wifi coverage and need internet. Don't see why not though, but probably need the OTG adapter mentioned above.

Great free app in the Play Store- Kingsoft Office opens and edits all formats of MS docs. Excel, Word, PDF and more.

• Like 1

I hummed and hawed about the 3G model... considered it seriously. Then I got to thinking about another sim card / account, and another bill to bay every month. Since the wifi model has bluetooth and I have the 3G on my phone, it was kinda redundant. When I was cruising in the mall and saw the wifi model, I bought it on impulse. I haven't been dissapointed yet.

If you're a serious road warrior and going to be using the tablet on the move, then the 3G model would be the way to go.

re

You need a "USB OTG" (On The Go) adapter. It has the regular big USB plug on the female side , and mini USB to plug into the tablet on the other. This will allow you to access a flash drive... watch movies, etc.

hes right ! .... heres one on my galaxy 7.7 tablet : )

dave2

post-42592-0-58147600-1370864556_thumb.j

• Like 1

I have had a basic 16 Gig Nexus since about August last year, purchased by a friend when he visited the States. Cost just over 8,000 Baht

3G is not available but I frequently get a 3G connection through my friends iPhone 5. He has a free application that routes to my Nexus and the connection is then available as Wifi.

The route application is available free and there are also free downloads for other Smartphones.

Please also note that I have an original iPhone MK 1 or whatever they call it and it does not have the 3G option so beware that not all Smartphones have 3G access.

Edited by John_Betong

The Nexus OTG connection is iffy to say the least, Google for more details. I reckon that even Geeks have problems trying to get it to do what they want it to do :)

re

You need a "USB OTG" (On The Go) adapter. It has the regular big USB plug on the female side , and mini USB to plug into the tablet on the other. This will allow you to access a flash drive... watch movies, etc.

dave2

Even USB port ?

Off topic here, I know, but: Download iTunes and import your movies from it. The portable Apple devices only "eats" MP4 video, so you might have to convert them if your videos are in another format. iTunes itself can convert the MP4 videos if they're encoded with a different codec than supported. You can find applications that allows you to circumvent iTunes alltogether.

A bit of googling will give you more details.

Even USB port ?

Have you used a VPN and signed up for Hulu or Netflix or Amazon?

Unless you're going to be using the pad without Internet, either 3G or Wifi, then plugging in stuff from a flash drive is pointless.

Instead, put Plex on your PC and stream from your hard drive to your tablet anywhere you have Internet. No dongles needed.

• Like 1

Nexus 7 is the only way to go for the features and price you want.

Grab the dongle and you can then plugin a memory stick with all your movies on and watch them without transferring to the pad and using up the 32gb memory.

Also allows you to plugin a Joy Pad so that you can play games like they are supposed to be played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZwPgyiEb84

Yes, bought this one for my son 2 months ago and he's very happy with it best specs for the money.

Another option is with better specs is:

Kindle Fire HD Tablet

7" HD Display, Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Dual-Antenna Wi-Fi, 16GB or 32GB

But not sure if it's released in TH yet.

Edited by recycler

Even USB port ?

Off topic here, I know, but: Download iTunes and import your movies from it. The portable Apple devices only "eats" MP4 video, so you might have to convert them if your videos are in another format. iTunes itself can convert the MP4 videos if they're encoded with a different codec than supported. You can find applications that allows you to circumvent iTunes alltogether.

A bit of googling will give you more details.

Use AirPlayer App it plays many formats, there are also kits to connect USB storage to your iPad, but it's easier to connect over a network to a server.

The Nexus OTG connection is iffy to say the least, Google for more details. I reckon that even Geeks have problems trying to get it to do what they want it to do smile.png

re

dave2

I find that it works just fine. I've even had a 1 GB Western Digital Passport connected without problems.

I did have a problem in the beginning, in that the USB device needs to be connected to the OTG Adapter first, before connecting to the Nexus. If you plug a flash drive into the adapter when it is already connected to the tablet, the tablet won't see it.

Frustrated the h*ll out of me trying to get it going, but once you know this simple solution, it works like you expect it to.

Even USB port ?

Sure, there is an app for the PC called Freemake Video Converter. It will convert any video to Apple format.

I think that's the one for me......it's last year's model but still comparable to the nexus 7. IT city sells it for 5,900 and I'll wait for the dust to settle on the Google offering. I'm getting 'Apple vibes ' from good old google especially with their play store.

"Good old Google"?

Google was founded in 1996. Apple in 1976. 20 years, which might be considered an eternity in the tech world.

Sorry. Couldn't help it ;-)

Edited by PoorSucker
deleted wrong quote

My head is spinning from all the options out there for tablets and have spent the last few days going over the too many offerings. Can anyone offer any recomendations??

1] price under 7,000thb
2] Local support and guarantee
3] mid size, 8-9 inch ideal [7 inch maybe]
4] decent memory, and hopefully the latest OS
5] decent battery life and preferably replaceable by user
6] good resolution
7] dual or quad core processor
8] USB input
9] decent camera, at least 3mb+
is this possible??
thanks in advance.........

Cheap, beautiful and durable.

Sounds like you are thinking in an Indian or Chinese way... LOL

Go for any ANDROID tablet. It's powerful and within your budget.

Edited by nachiket