Where to buy a IATA Dog Crate

Anyone know anywhere in Thailand (Bangkok Preferred) where i can buy a Giant Sized IATA Approved Dog Crate to transport my Dog to the UK in September?

I've tried some of the Vets, including Thong Lor Pet Hospital and cannot find any that are big enough, can only find XL and as my dog is a little larger than his breed standards he wont fit into an XL and we need a XXL/Giant.

If anyone knows of a supplier, shop or perhaps has a second hand (good condition) one, please let me know.

Regards,

MH

Hes a German Shepherd;

Shoulder to Hind - 80cm/31in approx

Floor to Shoulder - 70cm/28in approx

Floor to Ears - 105cm/40in approx

In order to give him a little room to stand up, turn around etc - i would be looking for something like this;
Giant 48″ x 32″ x 35″ - i assume this size would be most ideal as the smaller sizes dont seem to be long enough for him.

http://www.petmate.com/sky-kennel

Any advice or suggestions most welcome.

Edited by MunterHunter
  • Like 1

Hes a German Shepherd;

Shoulder to Hind - 80cm/31in approx

Floor to Shoulder - 70cm/28in approx

Floor to Ears - 105cm/40in approx

In order to give him a little room to stand up, turn around etc - i would be looking for something like this;

Giant 48″ x 32″ x 35″ - i assume this size would be most ideal as the smaller sizes dont seem to be long enough for him.

Any advice or suggestions most welcome.

Yes, that should be the correct size.

Hi there, we have a friend who has a large dog carrier that is new but has been stored so is a little grubby, I am not sure if this will be big enough for your dog, It is a "Pet Cargo 900" I think this model is now no longer available, I have attached a photo for you.

For dimensions you can check out on the pet cargo website,

The price is 3000 Baht which I'm sure is a fraction of it's new cost.

If you are interested then please give us a call on 0852875004 we are in Pattaya.

Regards

Paul and Sandra

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies... sorry i didn't get back to you before now, been running around all over the place trying to get everything sorted (its proving challenging finding an agent to handle him Bangkok side - i've got an agent on stand-by UK side already)

Still need and looking for a dog crate, we plan to ship him to the UK Mid/Late September, so whilst getting a Crate is a priority for me, i do have a few weeks to get it.

@Ahnsahn - I have replied to your PM, please let me know your thoughts on that.

Regards,

MH

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies... sorry i didn't get back to you before now, been running around all over the place trying to get everything sorted (its proving challenging finding an agent to handle him Bangkok side - i've got an agent on stand-by UK side already)

Still need and looking for a dog crate, we plan to ship him to the UK Mid/Late September, so whilst getting a Crate is a priority for me, i do have a few weeks to get it.

@Ahnsahn - I have replied to your PM, please let me know your thoughts on that.

Regards,

MH

Glad to hear your progress .....

'Agent'? ....... couldn't you just get the requirements from the live animal dept in the cargo bldg at gate (#7) at the airport, and then deliver your dog and crate a few hours before takeoff on the day of your flight? - I'm just asking ...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, did you find a crate? I am currently looking for one for my lab/poodle mix that is height 31 inches. The crate i have is 30" tall and am afraid that will not work. I am moving from Thailand to China soon.

Hello, did you find a crate? I am currently looking for one for my lab/poodle mix that is height 31 inches. The crate i have is 30" tall and am afraid that will not work. I am moving from Thailand to China soon.

Sent you a PM ....