Where to buy a cake that actually tastes good?

anon463453412

I have to buy a birthday cake for a friend and he abhors all the usual cakes you can find in the malls and so on - fake icing with dry sponge. Ugh. Ideally I'd love to get hold of a fantastic cheesecake or a carrot cake. On top of that I'm not loaded, haha. Can anyone help?

Buttercake with fruit pieces from Puff&Pie bakery in the Thai Airlines office, add whippingcream and you have something that's not bad at all. I think P&P also are at Suthep Road. They have delicious stuff. Perhaps bigger cakes as well.

Edited by rubberduck

Not a cheesecake or carrot cake, but the chiffon cake wedges at 7-11 are the best Ive had in CNX.

Maybe you can buy alot of little wedges and make a whole cake out of it...biggrin.png

• Like 1

Love At First Bite

Up a little soi right near Dukes riverside

http://www.loveatfirstbite-cm.com/

https://www.facebook.com/loveatfirstbitefanclub

600307_567116589979618_423846759_n.jpg

I agree, definitely the best carrot cake that i have had in Thailand, Idon't know if kantary hills sells cakes to go but they are very good there as well.

Yes love at first bite is very good but he did say he was not rich. Not sure of the price on a whole cake there.

I do know that butter is better is 750 baht for a carrot cake and it is not a small came.

If you are buying for a farang then I too would recommend Butter is Better. They are really high-quality. If buying for a Thai then I would recommend Phung Noi Bakery. Both are custom order a day in advance. Either way, a good cake will cost you about 1,000 Baht.

Edited by elektrified

I like both Love at First Bite and Butter is Better, but IMO, Butter is Better is the better of the two. I don't think that the prices are much different, but have not thought about it much.

I have actually never tried BisB deserts

Because when I am there I leave so stuffed on banana pancakes & bacon I

never look .

Will have to remember to stop in one day on a desert only mission ;)

Wow. Thank you all so much. I guess I have to have a cake mission this coming weekend. Butter is Better and Love @ 1st Bite seem like the places to investigate first. Thanks so much again! Yum!

Two good choices let us know Love at first Bite has a to die for Grasshopper pie. But I prefer the butter is better cake.

Try a piece at each. but do not let temptation get you to try two pieces at each one. They can become habit forming.smile.png I believe Love at first Bite is closed on Mondays.

OT but,

I dont know if they still do food but as a side mention I had a cheeseburger at Love at 1st Bite once smile.png

Owner came over & asked if I liked it.

Was quite good as I remember

Edited by mania

If all else fails get a matcha green tea cake from swensens-- they're delicious!

**edit Neverminddddddddddddd I think they only deliver in Japan :(

original post "If you have time you should order a cheesecake from Farm Design, They're a Japanese Cheesecake shop and they have a website (just google it) using Hokkaido milk ^^ Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Delicious but a little pricy biggrin.png worth a try if you want to impress because the taste is very delicious!

They don't have a location in Chiang Mai but since you can order online I believe it shouldn't be a problem to get one to you, either way good luck with the cake hunt!! "

Edited by ihunnieibee

• 7 months later...

I must say you have selected the best flavor of the cake. Even I love carrot cake and you want to buy soft sponge and creamy cake and you can buy such cake from Deliciae Patissarie one of the best cake shop in Mumbai. I am sharing a pic of my birthday cake i.e carrot cake it was too yummy and soft also.

b-2.jpg