Aftermarket Brake Pads For CBR 250?

KRS1

Does anyone know where to get non OEM brake pads for the CBR 250 like Yazaki or EBC?

Just changed them 10k kilos ago and theyre gone again. blink.png

What type of adhesive is used to attach the brake pads to the metal part? Anyone know? Epoxy?

The Brembo replacement brake pads are also available for ABS and non-ABS models and can be bought in Bangkok. Not sure about the price but I have the idea they where less than 1,400 THB (I can have it wrong).

i think these performance brake pads come with the metal parts as a set.

No?

if i cant find them locally, i was thinking of making some out of yazakis from another model. (the actual friction material)

yeah yeah i know.

Edited by KRS1
  • Like 1

thanks for the tips.

I just ended up getting oem pads, the last pads were for the ABS model now that i think about it, i remember asking if they were abs or non abs. He told me they were abs and i said screw it i'll take them .... rolleyes.gif (bike is non abs)

Im not 100% certain if abs and non abs pads are the same part numbers, but these new pads are non abs for sure and they feel grippier than the previous pads and can see copper strands in them, they also feel like they have more rolling friction and feel slower than previous pads.

So i think it may be possible to get a little quicker by using the abs pads on non abs bikes at the expense of shorter pad life and slightly less stopping power

Or i might just be imagining it, wont know for sure until i know the part numbers.

Cost in CNX was 409 baht at Sangchai Honda...over at Niyom Panich cost is 500+ baht (last set)

thanks for the tips.

I just ended up getting oem pads, the last pads were for the ABS model now that i think about it, i remember asking if they were abs or non abs. He told me they were abs and i said screw it i'll take them .... rolleyes.gif (bike is non abs)

Im not 100% certain if abs and non abs pads are the same part numbers, but these new pads are non abs for sure and they feel grippier than the previous pads and can see copper strands in them, they also feel like they have more rolling friction and feel slower than previous pads.

So i think it may be possible to get a little quicker by using the abs pads on non abs bikes at the expense of shorter pad life and slightly less stopping power

Or i might just be imagining it, wont know for sure until i know the part numbers.

Cost in CNX was 409 baht at Sangchai Honda...over at Niyom Panich cost is 500+ baht (last set)

Here's a downloadable parts manual for the CBR

http://tyga-performance.com/cbr250r/CBR250RB%20PARTS%20MANUAL.pdf