Korean woman falls to death from building in Bangkok

webfact

Police believe that Ms. Kim might have committed suicide after they had argued. Police will now further investigate and question Ms. Kim’s husband.

Thanks to Thai police who verdict fast in almost all cases. crazy.gif

Well, English could be better, as could my Thai. However, math is a "universal language" (supposedly). Hmmm first made sense that they had condo on 22nd floor and she landed on &th: 22-15=7, right? but then go on to say condo was on 15th floor. I don't think the former Mrs. could care, but how about proof reading or proof thinking? How about I do some thinking too.... apartment house perhaps is 22 story... so she fell 8? more than enough anyhow.... sorry, my bad.

The building has 22 floors but she fell from the 15th floor to the 7th floor.

I've been keeping track of "balcony dives" since March of 2012. I have 17 so far. There are probably many more. Suicide is the 4th leading cause of death of foreigners traveling abroad--right behind giant Asian wasp attacks and being strangled with lingerie by ladyboys.

Edited by KuhnPaen

Why would you wait for the person who drove you to commit suicide to leave the room?

Dunno ! ask her.
Not one of nature's thinkers then?

And by the same token why would anyone assume it was suicide and not an accident. Rather like assuming someone moving around in the ensuite bathroom was a burglar and blowing them away with a gun through a locked door instead of checking if might not be your gf who was with you first?

This story stinks.

R.I.P

not necessarily, though go a head and indulge the urge to find every death that occurs in thailand questionable.

According to the WHO, Korean women top the world for suicides per 100k people. The first field is year of statistic, second is the rate for males, last for females.

Korea nearly doubles everywhere but sri lanka for female suicides (16.8 per 100k)

REPUBLIC OF KOREA 09 39.9 22.1

Interestingly Jamacians don't seem to top themselves at all

JAMAICA 09 0.3 0.0

http://www.who.int/mental_health/prevention/suicide_rates/en/

I lived in Korea for a few years, for the most part, S.Koreans are a very miserable people who live in denial about how terrible life is. living in their country. The only real difference between North and South Korea, is that the ladder is attempting to adopt to western civilization...and failing miserably

How long was she "missing" for before the cops told the husband on June 12th?

I am assuming the people in the 7th floor unit called the cops as the article states the cops were informed, opened the door and found the body.

Good lord, imagine sitting on your balcony having a drink/smoke and a body comes crashing down on you.

I know suicide is a final statement to hurt the living through guilt and shame.

But this way was very selfish. She goes to her grave while all the people living in the building with kids will suffer the anxiety for years if not forever.

Not trying to be rude but pills or razors do the job quietly and don't impact the entire buildings emotions.

RIP selfish one!

She was not the winner of this argument.

Edited by IAMSOBAD

Jumped from the 15th floor, landed on the 7th floor balcony.

If you jump, you jump away from a building and would most likely land on the street/pavement, not on a balcony.

If you are pushed, you try to hang on and them fall very close to a building and a tumbling body could be caught by a balcony railing.

Just my 2 cents of opinion.

Or the floors above the seventh are set back?

Thats correct. The building is a pyramid shape. The 7th floor is further out than the 15th. Although, you could probably still clear it with a big leap.

...or a hearty push, or heave-ho, over you go.

I suspect that a ninja was involved in the woman's death.

Much of the evidence points in that direction.

Many Japanese live in and frequent that area. The Japanese and Koreans still nurse the sore of WWII.

Ninjas are able to scale tall buildings and reach buildings silently using elk-fur-lined grapping hooks. They are also able to depart silently and unseen by leaping to neighbouring buildings using black silk parachutes. All of this would fit the known facts of the case.

Finally many of the farang resident in the area have ninja skills and training from their special forces' days. I know this because they have told me.

Posted Image

Dude, I'll have some of whatever you are smoking there, buddy!

;-)

This story stinks.

R.I.P

not necessarily, though go a head and indulge the urge to find every death that occurs in thailand questionable.

According to the WHO, Korean women top the world for suicides per 100k people. The first field is year of statistic, second is the rate for males, last for females.

Korea nearly doubles everywhere but sri lanka for female suicides (16.8 per 100k)

REPUBLIC OF KOREA 09 39.9 22.1

Interestingly Jamacians don't seem to top themselves at all

JAMAICA 09 0.3 0.0

http://www.who.int/mental_health/prevention/suicide_rates/en/

That's because when they feel stressed they roll up !

no man, it's the goos sensi

I know suicide is a final statement to hurt the living through guilt and shame.But this way was very selfish. She goes to her grave while all the people living in the building with kids will suffer the anxiety for years if not forever.Not trying to be rude but pills or razors do the job quietly and don't impact the entire buildings emotions.RIP selfish one!She was not the winner of this argument.

I would say to blame someone who commits suicide of being selfish is a bit harsh, although nothing you say here is off

Thailand needs to improve their safety standards. I believe Thailand has the highest death rate of people falling from buildings.

Of course, we know she didn't fall. blink.png

So what do you suggest, a law banning windows that open, or just knocking down all existing buildings above one storey throughout the country?

Thailand needs to improve their safety standards. I believe Thailand has the highest death rate of people falling from buildings.

Of course, we know she didn't fall. blink.png

If she fell she would have landed on the balcony of the floor below. It takes a big old thrust to get yourself out far enough to hit the 7th floor.

Of course, we know she didn't fall. :blink:

So what do you suggest, a law banning windows that open, or just knocking down all existing buildings above one storey throughout the country?

Bouncy castles legally required under all balconies and windows.