FIREWORKS

jimmym40

Don't know what to make of your comment (O'37) about "there are no cherries" in CM. Back in the US, the loud, powerful crackers are called "cherry bombs". So you say there are none here. I've seen other people having them during the 4th Jul and New Year celebration, they must be somewhere around to purchase.

Don't know what to make of your comment (O'37) about "there are no cherries" in CM. Back in the US, the loud, powerful crackers are called "cherry bombs". So you say there are none here. I've seen other people having them during the 4th Jul and New Year celebration, they must be somewhere around to purchase.

Just ignore orang37 - comments like his devalue the whole forum.

Visit Warorot market near the river and inside the main market building you will find a few stalls that sell fireworks. They may have what you want.

• Like 2

Coming from the river go rite past the Rimping super market to the T go to the left and you will see where the road makes a 90 degree turn. I am told there is a shop there that sells every thing. they were the ones that supplied the River Market last year 4th of July display. Not sure where Dave is getting them this year. "Probably because I did not ask." I could care less I just enjoy the show.

Good Luck

Coming from the river go rite past the Rimping super market to the T go to the left and you will see where the road makes a 90 degree turn. I am told there is a shop there that sells every thing. they were the ones that supplied the River Market last year 4th of July display. Not sure where Dave is getting them this year. "Probably because I did not ask." I could care less I just enjoy the show.

Good Luck

I think the shop you are referring to is in San Pha Khoi, near the market. They certainly sell at Loi Krathong & New Year but not sure if they sell at other times.

Good Luck

I think the shop you are referring to is in San Pha Khoi, near the market. They certainly sell at Loi Krathong & New Year but not sure if they sell at other times.

Can't say for sure but I had heard they were open all year.

Yes they are less than a five minute walk away.

I buy my BIG ones (they use a 1 mt long 16 cc diameter PVC tube as a launcher) at a store a few doors down from Kasim in Chinatown. During the Chinese New Years and Loy Krathong they have them out visible from the sidewalk but usually they just sell Buddhas etc. My little old lady in Warrot Market is just around the corner from the last dried fruit row in back and she sells paper lanterns etc but hides some pretty wicked good fireworks for sale behind them.

I've found this un to be the best place nowadays 18.790435,98.997248 [put that in Gmaps]. They used to be in Warorot but are now easier to get to and operate year-round. They have everything from sparklers to 1,000 baht mortar launchers and the homemade rockets with PVC pipe (the most fun). head east on Chiang Moi and it's about 50m up the one-way bit before the canal and Honda.