Patong Flooding Updates? Sunday

bangarang

Hey Guys,

Last weekend I made the trek from Thalang to Patong only to find out flooding up to my knees so it put a damper on my night out plans. I know its been raining a lot (at least up here in Thalang) the past couple days. I was wondering if anyone lives in Patong or has been to Patong yesterday or today and know if its still flooded. I would like to hang out at the chang pool pub near jungceylon, but im just hoping the flooding has subsided.

Thanks guys!

At the time of this post, Patong is not flooded. There is still a lot of water sitting in pot holes on the road and there is some water flowing across some of the roads, but you can easily ride/walk through it now.

Chiang Club is open, but you will have to jump some sandbags to get through the door. It's smells mouldy inside, but not too bad.

There is mud/silt everywhere in this area, which is blocking most of the drains, so, if there are any more big storms, the roadways fill straight up again and you will be walking through water around knee height.

At this stage, it's fine for you to come to Patong and go to Chiang Club.

• Like 1

Thanks @NamKangMan actually I think i am confusing it with that other pool place with many pool tables with the Hookahs in the window... across from ACCA hotel. I know the moldy one your talking about with the carpet. Im thinking of the one like 2 min walk up.

Thanks for the info on Patong. Im hoping the heavy rain holds off. Could really go out for some good Kebab, beer, pool, and shisha right now.

Cheers!

Thanks @NamKangMan actually I think i am confusing it with that other pool place with many pool tables with the Hookahs in the window... across from ACCA hotel. I know the moldy one your talking about with the carpet. Im thinking of the one like 2 min walk up.

Thanks for the info on Patong. Im hoping the heavy rain holds off. Could really go out for some good Kebab, beer, pool, and shisha right now.

Cheers!

I know the place you are talking about. It's a lot nicer. I believe the same guy who owns the Chiang Club, owns the place you are referring to, but then again, he owns just about everything in Patong. :) :) I call him many names, but on this forum, I will call him an "influential person." :) :)

There are shisha in both places.

Soi Sansabai is the "hub" of kebabs on Phuket island. :) :) Take your pick, there are many. Due to the poor weather, maybe go to the small kebab shop about halfway along, because you can sit inside. The other kebab places are outside.

If you are not into nightclubs, and you are still out at 2am and looking for some "company" - go to the Chiang Club (red mouldy carpet) as many bar girls go there freelancing after work. :)

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Thanks @NamKangMan Yeah that place is definitely nicer. I think my buddy and I hit up that place almost every weekend to take a break from work. I haven't met the owner yet but the staff definitely remember us every time. I have no doubt he probably owns half of patong. I always wonder whats up with the stage and the massage mats on the stage... Any idea what this place used to be? lol... But anyways, the Apple & Minto shisha combo is delicious! Try it out if you get a chance.

I find that the kebab place right outside of it is the best (so far, although only tried 4 down the strip). A guy from syria is the cook, delicious kebabs!

Didnt know the moldy chiang pool place was a spot for freelancers though, but heading down with the wife anyways so don't need to take advantage of that.

Cheers!

A- don't go to changi club as my friends have had nasty experiences there and B- don't eat a kebab from soi sansibi unless you like sitting on a toilet for a day.

What nasty experiences did your friends have?

I've never had a problem with a kebab from Soi Sansabai.

A- don't go to changi club as my friends have had nasty experiences there and B- don't eat a kebab from soi sansibi unless you like sitting on a toilet for a day.

What nasty experiences did your friends have?

I've never had a problem with a kebab from Soi Sansabai.

Yeah ditto, no problems here from kebab from sansabai either. Although I only go to the one that is connected to the newer nicer looking chang pub thats across the street from ACCA hotel, not the one at the end of the street. That place has some amazing kebab spicy sauce.

Although that older musty one I never had a problem there either. Im guessing your friends were a bit rowdy and caused problems with someone there? But anyways the Chang pub across the soi from ACCA hotel is the better choice. Im there nearly every weekend and never had a problem. Even one time they accidentally got the bill wrong and they fixed it right away with no problems. Very friendly staff.