True Air Card

TPUBON

I went to the True business located at Big C in Mukdahan asking about getting a True Air Card. They asked me if I had a work permit. I told them no, that I am retired and have been living in Thailand for the past 8 years. They said sorry, no work permit no air card. I can get True satellite, Internet from the the satellite or I could also get a True SIMs card but no air card.

Does this make sense? Did I talk to an employee that maybe did not understand? If some one who as been here for a month on a work permit is able to get the air card why some one who lives here can not?

Is there anyone out there that has a True Air Card that was not purchased through their wife or girl friend?

I know many things are different here but this one makes no sense.

Maybe they thought you wanted to go onto postpay, not prepay. As for postpay, you need proof of address (For which a work permit can be used, or other methods aswell).

Alternatively, there might be some anti terrorist restriction whereby simcards need to be registered with id in order to prevent them being used to make remotely detonated bombs (And there is a simcard with your aircard). I think they have something along these lines in some of the southern provinces (But I've never heard of it in Isaan).

And yes, I've brought a truemove aircard before + multiple different simcards, without needing to show my work permit. So you can normally (At least you could last year), buy aircards by yourself, without showing your work permit.

When I went for Postpaid I had to show my WP. I took their phone number and let the HR dept sort out what is needed. The aircard I paid cash at a shop so didn't need a WP for that. I have TrueMove-H for both Post and prepaid.