What To Expect

My wife is currently on a two year temp visa, next step application for permanent visa - I was wondering if any of you chaps could give me the run down on what to expect when DIMIA start sending letters. Is it the same kind of thing when we applied for temp / prospective marriage visa - will it be a done thing or easier now that we have a child born here?

TIA

My wife is currently on a two year temp visa, next step application for permanent visa - I was wondering if any of you chaps could give me the run down on what to expect when DIMIA start sending letters. Is it the same kind of thing when we applied for temp / prospective marriage visa - will it be a done thing or easier now that we have a child born here?

TIA

The permanent Visa process begins the day she stepped foot in Oz as a Temp Resident....you dont have to apply for it....they will merely inform her by letter that she has permanent resident status. So long as she has not broken any laws and been a good girl then it should not be a problem. They may require her passport for the visa to be attached...but this will all be outlined in the letter.

TIA

The permanent Visa process begins the day she stepped foot in Oz as a Temp Resident....you dont have to apply for it....they will merely inform her by letter that she has permanent resident status. So long as she has not broken any laws and been a good girl then it should not be a problem. They may require her passport for the visa to be attached...but this will all be outlined in the letter.

ok, that's great ! They made it seem like we would have to go through the whole process - photos, stat dec crap again. I'm glad its that easy!

ta!