Chalerm lambasts move to probe his Rolls Royce

webfact

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not , if he's got nothing to hide,coffee1.gif why all the fuss.

Exactly, being the honest un corruptible person he is, whats his problem ? Surely all these cars should be looked at. Not so long ago, rich hi-so students studying in Australia used to bring one home when they came back on holidays...............was'nt that scam stamped out ?

There would be a paper trail if he paid the correct tax. This should be an open and closed issued if he has the paperwork.

Yes. But could get tricky if he continues to assert that the cars were only 'left with him'.

An interesting weasel move to claim the car is owned by someone else. But according to his statement in the story, he is claiming tax has been paid. So I guess if somehow the tax has not been paid, Chalerm feels he will be off the hook. It is always tricky to try and pin down a snake... :-)

"The deputy prime minister said today the Rolls Royce which belongs to his son’s Singaporean business partner was legally imported with tax payment in full to the Customs Department."

And to add extra humor, it appears he actually owns two of these cars. One with a license number of 4444 as mentioned in this story, and one with 2222 as shown in the photo below

post-9891-0-24107900-1371446510.jpg

Before calling Chalerm names, at least learn the difference between a Bentley and RR!!coffee1.gif

I think we all know that 'smarty' but we are just commenting on what the media are saying.coffee1.gif

So far the scam with cars seems to be driving them with the Red temporary plates on them, and never actually getting them fully registered and driving them for years that way. Of all the questionable cars none so far that I have seen have white plates yet.

I was having my car worked on last week and the mechanic was fixing a BMW 740i with a red plate. It had 110,000 Kilometers already on it with a gas conversion.

I don't think so.

I regularly go to Starbucks on Thong Lor - the one just 50 or so metres up from Beccofino (if you don't know Beccofino, you might be an English teacher)

On a Sunday morning, there's a bunch of 'lads' that go there and park up in their Ferarris, Lambo's and other exotics. Some of these boys have taste too with some lovely vintage models turning up.

It's a bit like going to a motorshow every Sunday AM.

Anyway - ain't no red plates there but since this whole 'clampdown' started - those boys have been absent from their Sunday morning meet. I think the majority of these cars are registered on regular plates.

37 mil. How much tax!

300%+

Surely as a politician in order to set the country right on this correct investigation, he should have been televised welcoming the inspection and displaying the appropriate paperwork, showing all concerned that there is no need to be worried if everything is above board. But no, this man employed by the people for the people says "investigate them all but don't dare investigate me" sick.gif

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 1

37 mil. How much tax!

300%+

Surely as a politician in order to set the country right on this correct investigation, he should have been televised welcoming the inspection and displaying the appropriate paperwork, showing all concerned that there is no need to be worried if everything is above board. But no, this man employed by the people for the people says "investigate them all but don't dare investigate me" sick.gif

Chalerm and his family have proven in the past that they are above the law.

Yes hes come a long way and enriched himself nicely,from when he and his family had to go to

Sweden as refugees ,as there lives were in danger in Thailand,and lived off the welfare of the

Swedish Govt, as they had no funds .

Regards Worgeordie

Would YOU trust a man who drove a pink Bentley?

I wouldn't trust a man called Chalerm driving a VW Polo.

I wouldn't trust Chalerm driving anything, given his fondness for a drop too much of ear medicine.

you have to wonder, Is Tarit trying to be neutral, showing he is not a lacky to TS or does he see the writing on the wall, and covering has ass? I see a switch to the dems at some point?

You just know Chalerm is squirming in his pants, being found out, possibly! there was a thread on here a while ago about a guy who imported a second hand motor bike along with other personal possessions, customs wanted more import duty than the bike was worth!

So how does someone import a car from Singapore and not pay the right duty on it, new or second hand?

isn't the import duty 385%? twice the amount paid if correct!

Edited by ggold

DSI Chief Tarit is probably telling the truth when he says they will look into the allegation but that's about all they'll do. The file will reach his desk, he will open and " look into it " then close and stamp with something along the lines of " No Further Action ".

I just hope he waits a day or two before clearing Chalerm to at least keep up the pretence that something was actually done.

"bought it for 26 million' followed by 'Rolls Royce which belongs to his sons Singaporean business partner', 'mortgaged them with a financial company', 'left them with me'.

So, a car our Dept. PM Pol. Captain Chalerm bought was only left with him as mortgaged to creditors? And this chap not only is a former Pol. Captain but he even has a doctor's degree in Law?

This is called the "Thai Quick Dance."

I'm sure the majority of us would like to see something come of this but it's not going to happen.

Chalerm will bluster, rant and maybe throw lawsuits around. Tarit will write this off and will not be concerned about using the weakest, barefaced lie as he tries to explain.

I doubt Mr. T will throw Chalerm to the wolves, yet anyway, as he is just too close to home and ditching such a senior man for evading tax or whatever looks very, very bad.

Chalerm lives to screw up another day.

Chalerm makes as a PM 100K a Month

The best is, nobody knows where his wealth actually comes from whistling.gif

He booked a lot of people for not wearing crash helmets tongue.png

In any developed or semi developed country a Rolls Royce owned and driven around by a public servant would be very exposed to investigation and certainly taxation officials.

Chalerm makes as a PM 100K a Month

The best is, nobody knows where his wealth actually comes from Posted Image

He booked a lot of people for not wearing crash helmets Posted Image

In any developed or semi developed country a Rolls Royce owned and driven around by a public servant would be very exposed to investigation and certainly taxation officials.
Will Thailand ever achieve first world status?

With lack of Democracy, intolerance and blatant corruption, Thailand is sitting on the self-destruct button.

Do any Thais know or care about this issue? First question - answer 'some'. 2nd question - answer 'no'.

And so it will continue.

Next blatant example of "screw Thailand and don't even bother hiding it", please.

$865000 per car please explain where this type of money comes from don't forget to multiply by 2 which asuming he has been working for 45 years that computes to $40000 per working year towards a couple of cars???

What gets me is that 26 million is more than 90% of Thais will ever own in assets in a lifetime, and he nonchalantly drops that on a car. So much for representing the poor, of course they don't bat an eyelid at it. 26 million is more than the average Thai will earn in a lifetime let alone save, even after you count inflation. Ridiculous.

Probably the average Thai would have his average snout in the trough just as deep if he could get anywhere near it......

• Like 1