Thaivisa.com Wins Web Award

george

the Seniors host the Admins

Sounds like the boarding house at my old school.

Members will be pleased to know that we managed to find the place, turn up on time and pick up our certificate.

No speeches (thank God), just in and out in five minutes. A guy at the microphone read out the names of the websites and someone went up and presented himself to the man handing out the certificates. They took one end each and turned towards the gathering, so people could take pictures.

Catwalk-style music was going in the background, but there was no light show.

Walt took the pictures on his digital, and no doubt will post them in due course. He is also looking after the certificate. The admins will have to buy us a beer before we hand it over.

Guest IT Manager

I just bought two. Wheres the certificate.

Fancy all this fuss.. and I probably can't read it..LOL

Hoping Huski will post it tonight

IT

The award for most visited society web site in Thailand was today recieved by Mrentoul and Huski.

Thanks guys, for picking it up on behalf of Thailand Expat Forum! We are proud of you, and you will be well awarded as well.

Cheers,

George

No speeches (thank God), just in and out in five minutes. A guy at the microphone read out the names of the websites and someone went up and presented himself to the man handing out the certificates. They took one end each and turned towards the gathering, so people could take pictures.

Catwalk-style music was going in the background, but there was no light show.

Walt took the pictures on his digital, and no doubt will post them in due course. He is also looking after the certificate. The admins will have to buy us a beer before we hand it over.

Here is the Acceptance speech that ###### proudly produced and I reckon' mrentoul nervously had in his pocket in case of....

--

Truehits G.I.T.S Award Acceptance Speech

In late October, 2002, there was no such thing as Thaivisa.com.

There was no single place where a farang (or as we prefer, a foreign resident) could go to find the answers to visa questions, raised daily, as a result of living and working in Thailand, or as we call it LoS. The land of Smiles.

Our founder, who like most of the almost 9,000 members, and 27,000 regular visitors, was frequently confronted with unanswerable questions in his trips to immigration to organise his visa. He decided to make a place to put the questions, hoping someone would have the answer.

He contacted people in various government departments for assistance and Thaivisa was born, providing their answers, in one place.

Thaivisa has become a single community of foreigners, frequently visited by our Thai friends, as both members and watchers. Thaivisa has become an online Village, where the registered members come together to discuss not only visa issues, but the minutiae of life and love, of living experiences and general ideas, of being community members in LoS, as well as being part of the enormous Thaivisa Virtual Village, and where visitors come to find out what is happening around them.

Over the past 12 months particularly, truehits.net, have partnered us to provide their incredibly accurate data regarding our visitors, our members, their pattern of time online with us, and other details which go to make a website such as ours, work as it does.

Thaivisa are very proud, to accept this award, on behalf of the members of the forum, who really are the power behind the web site.

We would also like to thank the team who make the site keep pushing forward. The forum moderators, helping the Admins keep track of what is happening among the various sections, from the City and Amphurs, the specific interest areas and the social topics.. Without them our lives as Admins, would be a nightmare. Thank you all, and Thank you Truehits also for your support of what we do, and for this award, which really, is for all of the Thaivisa Community, not just the creators and administrators.

--

IT writes a good speech. As he says, everyone - and no one less so than George - deserves a pat on the back for helping make this website such a success. It's less than 18 months old, yet look at the traffic it's getting.

I hope the award is well publicised (but don't wait for the Bangkok Post to notice) and the advertising continues to roll in.

Huski and I agreed it was the closest we've been to a hi-so gathering since we've been here.

Apologies for crumpled look. I have forgotten how to wear a suit.

Congrats! Not only for a very informative website, but for lightening quick responses to unexpected awards. I am glad you got the award, happy to see a couple of regulars make their appearance, and I wish you all more such good fortune in the future.

Jeepz

Congratulations guys, you've worked hard and deserve to be rewarded for your efforts.

Category sociology? That's interesting, but then the forum does attempt to study social life in thailand (quite a few theses would have gender issues as their focus :o ). Weber would rationalise the channeling of sexuality in marriage whereas Marx would consider us proletarians fighting against the bourgeois (for our visas :D ).

Anyway time for drinks, what's everyone having? :D

Congratulations guys, you've worked hard and deserve to be rewarded for your efforts.

Category sociology? That's interesting, but then the forum does attempt to study social life in thailand (quite a few theses would have gender issues as their focus :o ). Weber would rationalise the channeling of sexuality in marriage whereas Marx would consider us proletarians fighting against the bourgeois (for our visas :D ).

Anyway time for drinks, what's everyone having? :D

A good Australian red thank you

I'm not a big wine drinker. Rum and coke, left over from a short stint in the Navy has been my usual for some time. But I do indulge in a glass of wine with dinner out occasionally. So I was ever so surprised when I found out Australia produces some pretty darn good wines.

I don't know why this surprises me. I guess the visions of kangaroos and the odd camel wandering the outback just never prepared me for Aussie Viticulture. Kind of hit me like the Jamacian Bobsledders.

Oh well, and due to Outback restaurants here in the states. Probably not high on a real Australians list of respected establishments, but they did open my eyes (and my wallet).

Jeepz (p.s. These days I do occasionally sip a cheap red table wine on doctors orders.)

Good one Guy's - just hope that now we have some creditability those at the top might take a little more interest in what is being asked / said from so many often confused by the complexity of trying to stay in Thailand as "legal" farangs.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on a job well done.

The site has certainly been a big help to me personally, in gaining the confidence and knowledge , to make the jump to LoS. Thank-you.

and I trust fried-chicken was on the menu, at the award-ceremony ? :o