Renewal Of Uk Two Year Settlement Visa

I assume you mean when she applies for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

There is no interview. She can apply by post (cost £335) and expect a reply in 4 to 5 weeks. For a same day service, she can apply in person (cost £500!) but even then, she will not be interviewed.

For details of how to apply, see IND - Application Forms. It is form SET(M) that shee needs.

Which island? From your handle, I assume Jersey.

The jersey goverment site doesn't help much;I can't find any further information than this

I am a foreign national resident in Jersey. The immigration conditions in my passport are due to expire. What do I need to do?

Before your immigration conditions expire in your passport, you will need to arrange an appointment to come into the Department.

Maybe there is a member or two here from the Channel Islands who can advise.

Sorry, we have not even got to the stage of applying for a SV :o

One thing that you may be able to help with...............although I have a pretty good grasp how things work for a SV (thanks to this website!), I am not sure how the SV process works in practice when it comes to the Islands, with the local immigration having the final yes or no. (us being the last outpost of the empire and all :D )

Did you find that in practice that after the interview that the ECO in Bangkok just kicked the SV application straight off to the Island for them to deal with (and then just did what they were told) or was it the case that you had to fully satisfy the ECO as usual AND then the Island end?

Also was their anything "island specific" you would suggest that I need to think about? (apart from her expressing a life long desire to live in "sunny" Jersey..........and launder money :D )

Did you have any direct contact with the Island end of the process? (ie did you just wander down for a chat / take any documents (I was advised to give them a copy of everything the Embassy got, just to make sure the Embassy did not forget to pass on anything!) and did you find them helpful? (I went down in January just to say "hello" and have a looksee and also picked up a form so they could "open a file", although I have not yet done so - they SEEMED freindly enough in Jersey, and pretty clued up on the Thai stuff (especially asking whether I was going to be doing "only" a village ceremony).