Renting in Bangkok

I don't want to get stuck in traffic but i don't want it falling apart at 60 mph, simply put.

Tried googling but couldn't find a definitive price for renting a 150, and the CBR 250 is going for too much for my liking.

How long do you want it for? You can buy these bikes for about 25k so why not buy one if you're renting for a few months?

Or if it's only a few days then try Bangkok Bike rentals. Not sure they have 150's though...

How hard is it to sell when I'm done?

It depends on a price if course, on a condition and your location. Same as in every other country. Unlike most Western countries, in Thailand a bike can be a year round transportation and so there's always people looking to buy.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There's a second hand cbr150 on here for 32k baht. You could probably get it for 30k baht and almost certainly in better condition than rental bikes.

You could ride it for 6 months and sell it in one day for 20k baht, which is a 10k baht loss (about 55 baht a day loss over the 6 months). Or you could wait a week or two and take a much smaller loss on it, maybe even get all your money back.

But again, it depends how long you need it for. Renting for 6 months or more is a mugs game.

• Like 1

www.bangkokbikesrental.com

But as it's been said, if you need it for longer time, better buy one.

Sorry for the above message, couldn't edit it for some reason after hitting reply too early.

Here's another rental shop and they mentioned they have cbr150 and 250.

Emma 0878376708

don't know the shop name but they are on Sukhumvit in BKK.

There's a second hand cbr150 on here for 32k baht. You could probably get it for 30k baht and almost certainly in better condition than rental bikes.

You could ride it for 6 months and sell it in one day for 20k baht, which is a 10k baht loss (about 55 baht a day loss over the 6 months). Or you could wait a week or two and take a much smaller loss on it, maybe even get all your money back.

But again, it depends how long you need it for. Renting for 6 months or more is a mugs game.

Probably not even a loss if you take into account how much the OP would pay to rent one