Where to find pictures of Hi So event?

invogue

I was at a 'Thai High Society' event last week.

There were dozens of photographers and I was photographed at least 100 times in the 3 hours I was there.

It occured to me the picturs will probably be published in some magazines or papers.

Do any TV memebers read any Thai media where such pictures might be featured?

I would stick out like a sore thumb as I am the only Caucasion girl in a crowd of Asians.

I would be somewhat interested to get a copy of some pictures if I'm in them.

Edited by invogue

Usually you ask the photographers for a card at the event but google the name event and date and they will likely have the photography company somewhere listed for credits. You can probably contact the photographer that way and ask for digitals.

Yes you are right, I should have asked photographers for their cards!

I have tried google searching but no luck. I was guessing that was because it was written in Thai so my English google search can't locate it.

Assuming that the Hi-So event was an invitation only event?

Then get a friend with a Thai key-board or an internet cafe to type the events name into a search engine?

Alternatively the organisers of the event would have contacted the media etc etc ...

Society pages of the Bangkok Post, The Nation ?

Edited by David48

One of the sponsors of the event, or one of the actors, singers, etc. they have fan pages etc.

Or the organizer of the events FB page.

It ain't that hard ;)

Good luck !

Btw what r u doing on a hiso event? I thought I was the only farang there ;p

Who or what was the event for?Most of these crowds will turn up for the opening of a fridge door but if you know who was sponsoring the event,models and Hi-Sos never pay themselves,there's your answer!

Just to expand on those above recommendations. There is a real magazine called HiSoParty that you can check, ive never read it myself but the title stands out like a sore thumb.

If you were at a product launch or gala event than they may put some images in Thailands Tatler and Hello.

Content based mags like Di-chun and Preaw rarely feature party snaps. Touch and Volume magazines may feature party photo's if it was Product promo related, same for all the international titled fashion mags. There are a only a few other Prints to look out for but i dont know what they are called since i'm not a HiSo. Your basically searching for a needle in a haystack. Thailand currently have just as many mags as many Western countries.

If it was a regular event than the person who invited you will know which Instagram user to search for. Social media apps are the liklier place to find the photographers.

• Like 1

I was at a very hi-so funeral and was photographed and filmed many times , but I didn't bother looking for photos . Why ? Because I doubt anyone would be interested in seeing an unknown farang so I doubt any would be put in magazines. Oh and I wasn't very interested in the photos either.

I was at a very hi-so funeral and was photographed and filmed many times , but I didn't bother looking for photos . Why ? Because I doubt anyone would be interested in seeing an unknown farang so I doubt any would be put in magazines. Oh and I wasn't very interested in the photos either.

I was working at the event modeling the item they were launching. For part of the time I was standing on a stage which one other model posing for photographs. So I expect there would be a few photos of me flashed around the place

I was working at the event modeling the item they were launching. For part of the time I was standing on a stage which one other model posing for photographs. So I expect there would be a few photos of me flashed around the place

Fashion event ? Try the fashion magazines as well then. Don't worry about looking in all the magazines in the shop and not buying them. You'll fit in with all the locals. biggrin.png

The people that arranged the event and the sponsoring company will have contact information for at least some of the photographers. You may need to offer to compensate them for the time and energy of digging up the information for you.

Reading left to right, top to bottom, photo #5 phone number for the centre lady please wub.png

My dear man Morakot ... you do get around!

EDIT ... we seemed to have dropped to a new page, so, just in case of confusion ...

post-104736-0-97770800-1371744485_thumb.

Man, her cheeks are almost as white as mine!

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

Reading left to right, top to bottom, photo #5 phone number for the centre lady please wub.png

My dear man Morakot ... you do get around!

EDIT ... we seemed to have dropped to a new page, so, just in case of confusion ...

attachicon.gifpost-155923-0-90412000-1371742011.jpg

Man, her cheeks are almost as white as mine!

So sorry to disappoint you my friend but this gorgeous honey is not available. She solemnly declared to dedicate her life to the holy worship of Mammon, to treasure plastic surgery in sickness and health, and to cherish and honour skin-bleaching and other brainless activities until death departs her.

Edited by Morakot

Takes deep pockets to sponsor those habits. . .

I prefer skin with a bit of color in it, pure white reminds me too much of what a corpse looks like.

Head for a few days lying out on the beach guys. . .

Edited by boosta