Asus transformer

eezergood

I've had the Transformer 101 since 2011. Very happy with it - I use it for a lot reading and all my Internet surfing at work. It can be slow when multi-tasking but for watching movies, Kindle, surfing, I would recommend. I find myself using it as a netbook at work and a tablet at home.

It is showing its age a bit now, but I have no need to upgrade yet, and when I do I will certainly consider the newer models.

Hope this helpsthumbsup.gif

I have the Asus Transformer Prime (201) and am very happy with it. It is lightweight, slim and works very fast. Battery life (8 huors with the pad, add another 8 hours with the keyboard) is also very good. The card reader and USB-port come in handy when using external storage (for movies and such).

The only downside is that my model has a full aluminum cover which deteriorates WIFI and GPS signals. The machine has to be in a strong WIFI field to connect and outside (no roof) for GPS. The problem has been fixed in later models, the antenna area of the back is now plastic for better reception.

I have a 101 that I bought the external keyboard for. There's a fault where it has stopped detecting the keyboard which I haven't gotten around to letting ASUS fix yet. They say the problem could be in the tablet OR the keyboard. I did a factory reset and the wife uses it for her internet soaps, gaming and occasionally responding to my video calls.

So I bought a 201 that came bundled with the external keyboard and it works fine. Interesting to read the comments above about the poor wifi as I have seen inconsistent performance in that regard.

The extra battery, extra SD card slot and full-size USB connection afforded by the external keyboard is a big bonus.

I am definitely going to buy either the new Transformer Infinity or the Trio, depending on the price differential. They both look awesome. They never seem to sell Asus products here in Pattaya. Where do you recommend buying in BKK? MBK or Pantip? Can't wait till Q3.

I have a TF300 with 3G and it is excellent except that the screen failed when it was less than 6 months old and ASUS had no spares in Thailand however after about 8 weeks delay and many phone calls they did replace the entire machine and it has performed well since.

Got the 700 (1920x1080 resolution). Excellent machine in every respect. I have several other tablets but this is the best I have seen. Bought it in USA from Amazon.

I also have the tf700 and agree with the above.

Queen Sirikit Convention Center, Jun 20-23

http://www.qsncc.co.th/visitor/event-calendar/details/303-commart-next-gen.html

Sometimes these are good places to see the newest and zoomiest IT stuff in Thailand, and sometimes they're just the same stuff available at Pantip, Fortune, etc.

And pretty much all the time, they get jam packed and uncomfortable. But the models are kind of purty.

Got the 700 (1920x1080 resolution). Excellent machine in every respect. I have several other tablets but this is the best I have seen. Bought it in USA from Amazon.

Does anyone know the price of the current transformer 700 here in thailand, will it drop now the new machines have been announced. Might be an option if the price is low. Does it still run on Ice Cream Sandwich.

Does anyone know the price of the current transformer 700 here in thailand, will it drop now the new machines have been announced. Might be an option if the price is low. Does it still run on Ice Cream Sandwich.

Mine is running JB 4.2.1. Think they are getting more difficult to find but see one on Tohome.com The tf300 is more readily available and see it on Invadeit.com. I ordered mine from B&H Photo in the US as could not find one in Thailand that didn't come with the docking station as that added quite a bit to the cost and I didn't need it.

Mine is running JB 4.2.1. Think they are getting more difficult to find but see one on Tohome.com The tf300 is more readily available and see it on Invadeit.com. I ordered mine from B&H Photo in the US as could not find one in Thailand that didn't come with the docking station as that added quite a bit to the cost and I didn't need it.

Thanks for the link. The quote it as the Prime, do they mean that or the 700? The price seems a bit steep at 23,590, especially when you can get the good MemoPad at 10,690. Hope the new Transformer is under 20,000.

Thanks for the link. The quote it as the Prime, do they mean that or the 700? The price seems a bit steep at 23,590, especially when you can get the good MemoPad at 10,690. Hope the new Transformer is under 20,000.

From their main page - (TF700T-1B075A). Checking on B&H Photo the tablet (32GB) only is around 13,000 Baht and the kit version (64GB), docking station and some extras is 24,000 Baht

Where did you guys get your respective machines? Looking for a good price here in Thai smile.png

bought mine in star computer centre rayong. paid about 15000 which included the keyboard/battery. the battery life on mine is absolutely fantastic. 7-8 hours for the tab and an extra 7-8 with the keyboard/battery. as said above the usb connection is very handy too.

Edited by sirtrevor