Big Black Snake on ChangKlan :)

mania

Tonight after picking my wife up at work & heading to dinner about 8pm on the

motorbike. Passed under the bridge at the end of Changklan where you come in off the highway

Suddenly my wife's right ankle is up almost to my shoulder & she is screaming.

Next thing I know there is red flashing lights behind me. I am asking What ! What!

Suddenly a cop on a bike with the flashing lights zooms alongside me & yells in

Lanna words...."What kind of snake was that!" at my wife.

She yells back she does not know but it scared the hell out of her :)

I cannot believe I did not see it but that is a crazy section of road where you

blend into that fork that allows other to get to the highway going in the Lampun direction

so I am watching cars from a few angles.

According to her it took up one whole lane & was also partially in ours & moving towards my

right side when the car in front of us ran over its body a foot or so behind its head.

She also claims it was as big around as my forearm

:lol: Never a dull moment

But when it was all happening it was total confusion with my wife's leg flying up

rocking the bike suddenly. Then the red flashing lights & a cop pulling alongside yelling words I did not recognize

heheheh

Asked my wife why didn't you yell snake or point or something? She said are you kidding I was too scared :lol:

I know that bit of road quite well from when I lived in the area. That part under the overbridge is especially dangerous after or during a downpour. It use to flood a lot (Not sure if thats still the case) however you could never be too sure what was in the water....and having a rather large snake in the mix of things would be interesting.

Imagine if you fell off and and damaged your bike, then trying to explain to the insurance company. I doubt they would believe your story

Only in Thailand huh?

• Like 1

This is an excellent example of what makes snakes so dangerous: causing sudden phobic hysteria in womenfolk while driving / riding.

This by the way is also the primary way in which spiders manage to kill people. They crawl in a chick's car, then suddenly go "Boo!"

Basterds.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

Pythons are common along Thailand's waterways and feed on the abundant rat population that associate with man because of human waste. It is only natural that the snakes come onto the roads. King cobras are quite often black and are the only other snake that rivals the python in length, if not girth.

• Like 1

causing sudden phobic hysteria in womenfolk while driving / riding.

Sorry, but you can add this manfolk to it. Posted Image

And add manfolk to this too:

"They crawl in a chick's car, then suddenly go "Boo!" 

I dont mind snakes but spiders make me jump...

The wife has to kill em for me....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Black and really big.... King Cobra is the only one here that fit. Consider yourself lucky.

I know of a guy who drove over an ordinary cobra, which managed to bite his foot in return. Nasty

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1