Jet-setting Thai monk to explain himself

webfact

In contrast...this is WAY BETTER than finding out another kid was molested by a Priest.

Only a question of time before the child abuse storys hit the press here.

Another 20 years of educating the population here.

Then its dwindling congregations and X temple dwellers speaking out.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are Thais so used to this type of behavior that it just goes over their heads?

I asked my bird (Thai) what do Thai people think about all this monk business and she replied "Thai people are very angry at the Burmese people, because they make joke about monks+ Thailand" er........yer what?

never ever think you have a handle on the Thai mentality

In my experience, the 'trimmings' of the temple are the better to do followers trying to outdo each other. Also my experience with the church now that I think about it.

smile.png

If those darn middle men (who seem to take a share) would not pass along reports of what the neighbors gave/did, publish same and declare more is needed/required, it might help.

I asked my bird (Thai) what do Thai people think about all this monk business and she replied "Thai people are very angry at the Burmese people, because they make joke about monks+ Thailand" er........yer what?

Where did the Burmese come into this ???? She should be mad at the farangs here making jokes about jet setting monks, who took vows for a life of austerity.... :-) The monks in Burma should be a source of pride for Buddhists everywhere, as they continue to fight for freedom.

I was in conversation with a barlady who was well past her prime and asked why she still worked in a bar as well as holding down another job. She said that she had 3 children to feed. I asked where was her husband and she said that he has spent 5 years behind bars for dealing in drugs and when he was released he became a monk. I was appalled, she was very proud of him. I thought that he was a freeloader avoiding his responsibilities to his family, she thought him almost saintly.

When it comes to understanding Thainess I am still stuck in the nursery, and likely to remain there. I long ago stopped asking my wife why she thought in a certain way, why she did somethings that made no sense to me. The answer never varied. Why not?

It is difficult to say what's on my mind, but what are you doing with someone whose thinking is clearly simplistic . . . if it is in this subject matter surely it would be in others . . . no?

• 3 weeks later...

since all are gifts perhaps the woman in the photo also ??

Not seen the photo but regarding the one who is alleged to have a son by him, the question in my mind is that if she was 15 and the parents approved then it would be legaL. The brainwashing is amazing donating anything whatsoever as a way of doing merit.