Divorcing your Thai wife in the uk

Skorz

Sometimes marriages break up. Mine has. We live in the UK and she's out to rinse me good and proper. Taken our three kids, moved into new house witb eastern European bf. My current lawyer has no idea how to deal with a crafty thai who is driven solely by money and saving face. Does anybody know a uk based lawyer who is experienced in dealing with this sort of situation? She's making insane and untrue accusations, hiding assets in Thailand and i haven't been allowed to see my kids in over a month. Help.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You can forget assets in Thailand as there is no way of legally recovering anything from the UK.

Speaking from experience a long time ago your biggest problem is she has the children so is holding all the cards.

All lawyers pretty much sing from the same song sheet and to them it's just routine daily work much the same as an undertaker

does not spend his days in grief.

I sympathise with you having been there. Let's hope her new boyfriend finds the three kids too much.

Good advice there from greensnapper.

Edited by Jay Sata

I totally agree mate. I couldn't give two hoots about a crappy three bed end of terrace. I'd happily give it to her in exchange for the kids. She's even stolen gold from my mother under the pretence that it was a wedding gift, in which case surely we would have given it to her eight years ago when we married. Total scank. Her mother's the same. Shocked.

Been there and feel your pain Skorz.

I was in a similar position a few years back and had the idea in my head the whole time that she would see sense tomorrow and let me see the kids and stop being so willfully spiteful and destructive, and the longer it went on the more it did me in.... Then I had a chat to a mate who'd been through the ringer who gave me this advice - keep your eye on the long term prize - time with your kids. At this stage be prepared for further separation from them and for things generally getting worse before they get better.

I know this sounds pessimistic and gloomy, but it is probably true and accepting it now will save you a lot of anguish and gut wrenching disappointment when misplaced hopes are unfulfilled.

Don't let her hurt you. The law is a <snip> in the uk, but you will get to see your kids in the end, they will NOT forget you and forget you are their dad and you love them.

Good luck.

Edited by SeaVisionBurma
removed profanity/obscene language
  • Like 1

Yeah, I can read but the OP has mentioned his THAI wife.

Can you read?

Don't take it personally, mate. It's worth pointing out otherwise stereotyping a divorce based on nationality is only adding further fuel to the fire and wasn't aimed at you.

I apologise for the misunderstanding.

• Like 1

Good luck, man. The western feminist divorce industry, lawyers, judges etc, will do everything to ruin you. If you have any real assets, try to move them out of Europe asap.

Sorry to have to say this, but I have to go a long with our GreenSnapper on this one.

If she is still living in the UK, than the legal proceedings will fall under English law.

All the OP can do is go through the English legal system, lawyers, fight for custody of the children, house, assets, maintenance for the kids.

In the UK all a wife needs to say in court; is that she no longer wishes to stay married. Mental cruelty is the favourite excuse, that the lawyers tell then to say.

In most cases the mother of the children will win concerning divorce.

There's always one smart arse. Of course you can and should racially profile divorce type. She is thai and is looking to harvest the farang money tree. Her parents are adding fuel to the fire. If she were an arab for instance it would be completely different in that she would have placed likey a greater emphasis on her husband and children. Rather than bling and her lazy mother who she believes she owes money to for giving birth to her.

There's always one smart arse. Of course you can and should racially profile divorce type. She is thai and is looking to harvest the farang money tree. Her parents are adding fuel to the fire. If she were an arab for instance it would be completely different in that she would have placed likey a greater emphasis on her husband and children. Rather than bling and her lazy mother who she believes she owes money to for giving birth to her.

Under UK law, It does not make the slightest bit of difference what race or nationality a wife is. All she has to do is be legally living in the UK.

The problem is that the rules regarding the rights of wives/girlfriends in the West has gone way over the top, to almost Fasist proportions in favour of the women:

Here are some facts regarding the feminist rights of Western women, regarding common law and married wives:

The woman controls whether you have sex or not. She controls whether she gets pregnant or not. She determines whether to have an abortion or not (even if the man or husband wants the child). She has the option to divorce her husband at any point during the marriage just on the grounds that she no longer wishes to remain with her partner and if there are children involved, in 99.99% of cases, she gets the family home and the kids, even if there is a new partner on the scene, plus child support and alimony. The woman gets paid even if she is the partner that dissolved the marriage and still gets paid even if the male partner and her don't legally marry.

I know of some men that had been completely destroyed by these Draconian Laws where their spouses have litually picked their bones clean

Many moons ago I went through a divorce myself in the UK. Lost everything, took me almost 15 years to financially recover from it.

There is no way would I ever live with a woman back in the UK again, whether legally married or not.

Whatever the OP has to say regarding the circumstances of why he and his wife are no longer together, the court won`t be interested. She will use the children as a shield against him. Then after a short time the DSS and so-called child protection agency will become involved, working on the wife`s behalf.

If I were the OP, I would now be considering ways of getting out of this situation in the most economical way possible. Believe me, I have been through all this crap, it`s going to be a rough ride.

Edited by Beetlejuice

So, does anybody know a uk based lawyer who has experience dealing with farang thai divorce?

You're actually in the wrong forum, we have a subforum that specializes in divorce and marriage, I'll pm the mods and ask them to move this topic there. There are some top class people who will help you in that subforum.

ps remember it's 3.00am in Thailand, give people a chance to answer.

Edited by theblether

So, does anybody know a uk based lawyer who has experience dealing with farang thai divorce?

What you want is a good lawyer that specializes in divorce and particularly family custody.

The fact that she's Thai is truly irrelevant to how he would proceed, as others have pointed out it's a pretty well-worn path, cut and dry process legally - but not for you emotionally of course.

If you want to try get custody yourself, you will need to get the gloves off hire detectives whatever it takes and prove her unfit, and have suitable arrangements for raising the kids in place in advance. Nasty business that, I would not advise it unless you are certain in your heart the kids are better of with you than her, for their own sake.

There are likely to be peer support groups and organisations set up to help other men in your position where you can get help and advice in person in addition to posting on the net.

Edited by Weatherman

I'd avoid throwing money on lawyers who will promise you the earth but achieve nothing.

It's easy to give advice but what others said is true. Try and keep your head.

I'm afraid I was not able to do that but things came right in the end.

I wonder if this new boyfriend will want to dig deep to fund her?

Beetlejuice is right, there's no way she'll get preferential treatment because she is Thai. She can fight tooth and nail but in the end the UK courts will decide and that's it.

this is happening toooooooo often farangs getting the i want,i got now f.off treatment the courts know what they are up to,so as its been said get all the info you can, i bet as soon as the honeymoon period is over with her new bf.she will be shredding crocodile tears faster than p-ssing from a tree and will beg you to take her back,so dont fall into that trap.are all the kids yours and where were they born.good luck and watch your back.

Legal aid mate. I'm just thanking my lucky stars UK immigration rules have tightened up because i know she was planning on bringing the useless parents over so that she could spend her days scanking and shopping

Beetlejuice is right, there's no way she'll get preferential treatment because she is Thai. She can fight tooth and nail but in the end the UK courts will decide and that's it.

this is happening toooooooo often farangs getting the i want,i got now f.off treatment the courts know what they are up to,so as its been said get all the info you can, i bet as soon as the honeymoon period is over with her new bf.she will be shredding crocodile tears faster than p-ssing from a tree and will beg you to take her back,so dont fall into that trap.are all the kids yours and where were they born.good luck and watch your back.

It's all emotional, and it hits guys harder than a runaway train. That's why you have to keep your head and not get sucked in to a destructive battle.

Edited by theblether

Yep, second theblether there 100% and was something I omitted from my post that he then advised in his first post - keep your head. Don't lose it! However scheming and unfair she may be - don't let it get to you. Keep your cool, dont react to anything she does without calm thought - consult with trusted friends and if and when you get a lawyer you're happy with him/her too - and remember the end game is what you are playing - getting time with your kids.

You can give her the run around, do not see a solicitor until you have to, do not answer letters, claim you do not want a divorce, play for time.

this strategy worked very well for my English wife, she was able to make me wait for years, I did eventually get my divorce even though she tried everything she could to stop it.

we still haven't settled the financial side even though we have been separated 11 years now and divorced 3 years I am still trying to finish with her

mean time while you are waiting move any assets you can, any money in your bank move to a family member you can trust, (if there is anyone)

her solicitor will want to see 12 months bank statements, a list of any assets with a value over £500, any pension details

so make sure there is nothing there for them to give her, even if it means waiting over a year so the bank statements show near to nothing.