A place to run in Jomtien area

armedian

Hello,

I'm trying to get motivated to go running again. I was used to go running at the local park back home.

However in Jomtien or Pattaya I didn't see any area that would be appropriate for a nice jogging, I mean somewhere with fresh air, without cars and noise, just trees and grass...

Any recommendations?

I've seen people running here indoor with air con on, but the feeling of running outside and seeing the view passing is so much more revitalizing!

I don't know much about this, but there's a park somewhere between Pattaya and Jomtien that may be good for running? Never been and so I can't offer more info...

However, I have ran around the city and the pollution and such can be difficult/unpleasant. For outdoors, I'd recommend the beach path in the early mornings when the area is empty. Being close to the water, the air is a bit better, especially while there's little or no motor traffic.

Good luck!

If you do find somewhere suitable could you let us know. The Pratumnak fitness Park looks a little small to me but I haven't really been in it to have a look just seen it when riding by. I've considered jogging around the Pratumnak area as I've seen others doing this but you've still got the issue of cars and traffic etc.

Thepprasit soi 7. Continue for 2km and you will see a big well hidden but well maintained park on your right. They have showers and parking.

Agreed ---- this park has great sports facilities and all free as far as I know.

• Like 1

A lot of people walk and jog on the path around Big Buddha Hill. Trees all the way and high up, so above the street level pollution. There are other less used tracks on the hill that runs from there down to Bali Hai point.

Thepprasit soi 7. Continue for 2km and you will see a big well hidden but well maintained park on your right. They have showers and parking.

Agreed ---- this park has great sports facilities and all free as far as I know.

Just goes to show....been here for nigh on 3 years and never knew it existed. I'll be checking it out soon. Thanks to the OP for asking the question and the posters that responded.

• Like 2

The Pratumnak Hill has two parks separated by the road, one on the beach/walking street side and the other one on big Buddha hill overlooking Thappraya/Jomtien 2nd Road there's a tunnel under the road connecting the two halves together too if you feel like going for a big run, and paved and off-road cycle tracks that not many jogger use, there's lots of elevation perfect for interval training, good car park, only down side that after 8pm, the place attracts some boys on boys action down in the bushes