NZ pantry and foodstuffs allowed into Thailand?

nzvic

Son said some take a frozen roast dinner into Thailand. My question is can I take some flour, butter, olive oil, kiwifruit, tomatoes, oranges in if I declare items? I like to stick to my usual brands and have leftovers to take...thanks.

if you want good Kiwi meats, pies, sausages etc then it is hard to go past West Asia Foods who will sell to you and deliver in Bangkok and cheaper than the super markets as they are the wholesalers ..

I have brought everything from olive oil, capers, canned roma tomatoes, Diet Dr. Pepper, spices, artichoke hearts, balsamico, and on to lemons, Jimmy Dean Sausage, whole salamis, and a frozen turkey with my luggage. I have had my luggage searched twice, and once I showed them that olive oil is not wine, they passed me with nary a glance.

This was all from the US, but I would think it would be the same from NZ.

i brought in frozen lamb , aussie beef and alot of other items. fresh olives .i froze the meat and wrapped in foil , remember the flight over it does not flaw out . when i got to Bangkok and got home it was still frozen .customs did not check my bags , and i have done this every time i come back from Aus

I have brought many food items over from the US and never had any problems with customs.

once I even brought a 9' color 12 volt / 120 watt ac TV and cassette player and customs never even asked me about it while checking my bags.

Cheers:smile.png

Thanks for your helpful responses...didn't see until now in Bangkok...I LOVE Thai street food and son orders excellent/tasty Thai dishes when we are out, but didn't want to waste what I had in temporary accommodation (e.g. balsamic vinegar/flour/ kiwifruit/butter/cheese etc (all expensive in BKK), lovely for salad dressing and couple of pancake brekkies. I'll def. bring some frozen beef next time.

No matter what people tell you and what they get away with, me included, bringing fresh produce into Thailand is illegal, meats, fruits, dairy produce............Do so at your own risk. Also remember the Customs guys seem to like making rules up as they go along.

i believe it wasnt allowed. i created a thread quite sometime ago when they took my herring and was given a stern warning. to be clear, it isnt in commercial quantities but just 2 vacuum sealed herring

i find it hard to believe one could manage to bring in a frozen turkey despite having their baggage searched