Up to 10,000 luxury cars smuggled a year: Thailand

webfact

Since it's usually Thai HiSo's of all varieties driving these luxury vehicles this issue won't stay an issue much longer...it will soon fade from the media's attention as behind-the-scenes pressure is applied...and I bet you a ton of pressure is being applied right now!

No - thankfully the ever crusading DSI, instructed by the democratically elected government of the people, are in action to make sure justice is served. All the guilty ones will be HiSo dems and all the people linked to PTP, such as those driving pink Bentleys, will all have paperwork that is completely in order. Once again the DSI will uncover the ruthless criminal elements that oppose this honest government's servants.

I can't wait for the movie or tv serial based on the DSI to come out ........................ wonder if they need a good script writer?

Edited by Baerboxer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now at least my wife believes me when I tell her the reason I won't buy a 'Benz' is because the only people who drive luxury imported cars in Thailand are government officials, criminals and policemen and not because I'm stingy!

Plus all those not rich enough people who have to use illegal schemes to get their much desired luxury car really upset all really rich people who normally pay all those add-on taxes as money doesn't matter to them wink.png

Yes, must be nice to be amply rich and therfore be able to abide by all the laws whistling.gif

• Like 1

A long while ago I remember a politician from France visiting Thailand for the first time, and wanted to see how a so called third-world country was spending the money that was being sent over each year as foreign aid. When he arrived in Bangkok, all he could see were locals driving around in luxury cars, including high ranking officials etc. Needless-to-say soon after the funds were stopped. Perhaps if Thailand didn't impose such high import taxes on foreign goods this kind of thing wouldn't of happened, but then again, this is LOS (Land of Scams)

Can I have some of what you are on? That is total rubbish Thailand has not had any aid since i have been here - 33 years!

Maybe if the import tax on luxury vehicles was not so ridiculously high the problem might not exist.

Maybe if the import tax on luxury vehicles was not so ridiculously high the problem might not exist.

And we simply can't have foreign marques like rollers and lexuses competing locally brands....lol...

Losses are looking as high as losses from the rice scam !

What local brands?

Thailand has not had any aid since i have been here - 33 years!

Errr...no. You are quite mistaken. (How odd to apparently date it to precisely your arrival : I can only guess that you think that it hasn't ever received aid during that time because you are unaware of any and are certain you would have known? You are apparently not as well informed as you thought. I've been here 2 years less than you - but I didn't miss noticing the money coming in. :) )

I believe it was about 10 years ago that Thaksin announced Thailand would no longer require any aid..but they still took some.

Edited by SteeleJoe

Now at least my wife believes me when I tell her the reason I won't buy a 'Benz' is because the only people who drive luxury imported cars in Thailand are government officials, criminals and policemen and not because I'm stingy!

Plus all those not rich enough people who have to use illegal schemes to get their much desired luxury car really upset all really rich people who normally pay all those add-on taxes as money doesn't matter to them wink.png

Yes, must be nice to be amply rich and therfore be able to abide by all the laws whistling.gif

And, after paying all taxes, to still have money over to buy other (taxed) things. Must be nice, indeed whistling.gif

A long while ago I remember a politician from France visiting Thailand for the first time, and wanted to see how a so called third-world country was spending the money that was being sent over each year as foreign aid. When he arrived in Bangkok, all he could see were locals driving around in luxury cars, including high ranking officials etc. Needless-to-say soon after the funds were stopped. Perhaps if Thailand didn't impose such high import taxes on foreign goods this kind of thing wouldn't of happened, but then again, this is LOS (Land of Scams)

Can I have some of what you are on? That is total rubbish Thailand has not had any aid since i have been here - 33 years!

The EU had development programme here until about 10 years ago.