getting a Thai passport for daughter

is it fairly simple to attain ?

original or copy of birth certificate ?

house book ?

does she have to go to BKK office or a local office ? (nong Khai)

fee 1000 ??

any under the table payments ?

paperwork filled in by her guardians who have looked after her ?(in my absence )

or will i need to sign ?

are these blank forms downloadable ??

any nitpicking over the photos (like the UK passport photos ?)

any potential 'banana skins' for the unwary ??

any and all info welcome ..

Any passport office, you'll need kid's birth cert, plus both parents photo ID and registration, photos are taken at passport centre, all above board.

The OP mentions 'guardians' so the paperwork will depend on who/ what is available etc and what circumstances apply is his case.

Both legal parent sneed to sign, at least one needs to go to the amphur. If there is only one paret, one needs to show that one has sole custody with a form from the amphur.

If one parent is no in Thailand, he can sign the passport papers at the Thai embassy and have them stamped there, so the other parent can use the form.

Cost is 1,000 baht and for 35 baht they send it by EMS to the house. No under the table payments.

Photo's are taken at the passport office, by the passport ofice.

as she is 15 and a half it seems she can do it without parents being present ,but a parental consent form still seems to be needed and ID ??

so she she turns up with the guardians and birth cert and her ID card and house book should she be ok ?

plus the 1000+35 is that about right ??

as she is 15 and a half it seems she can do it without parents being present ,but a parental consent form still seems to be needed and ID ??

so she she turns up with the guardians and birth cert and her ID card and house book should she be ok ?

plus the 1000+35 is that about right ??

You have all the info from above posts. If it says a parental consent form is required then I suppose it is.

Why dont you get someone who speaks Thai to contact the Khon Kaen passport office and ask them.

The rules seem pretty clear to me. ( EMS 40 baht now I think.)

Rules for applicants between the ages of 15-20

• Applicants between the ages of 15-20 are not required to be accompanied by their parents

when applying for an e-Passport. However, both parents are required to sign the parental

consent from in front of the Passport Office’s authorized personnel otherwise the applicant

has to submit a notarized parental consent letter signed by parents or a legal guardian.

So, yes she can apply alone, but the consent form must be signed by both parents and be notarized. The amphur can probably do this for you.

Students at a former school applied for a passport in this way in Pithsanulok a few years back, accompanied by a (government) teacher.

If parents are able to sign then you do what Mario suggested.

In your two posts you appear to want guardians to do it.

They can if they are 'Legal Guardians' and have the document notorized as such.

If they are just an Aunt or Uncle with no paperwork then I think not

....and for renewing an existing Thai Passport for a child under 15?

My grandson has a Thai Passport, issued just after his birth. His parents were not married.

His passport and birth registration were done by the Thai Embassy in Hanoi.

He and his mother are now both living in Thailand. his father lives in Hanoi.

His mother has registered him at the local amphur, and he appears on the Blue Tabien Baan.

For a new passport issued in Thailand, his mother is required to get a por.kor 14 from the amphur.

Does this apply fir renewing his Thai Passport?

My grandson has a Thai Passport, issued just after his birth. His parents were not married.

His mother has registered him at the local amphur, and he appears on the Blue Tabien Baan.

For a new passport issued in Thailand, his mother is required to get a por.kor 14 from the amphur.

It may seem to be a play on words but you cannot 'renew' a Thai passport - after 5 years you have to get a new one. So I think she will need the PK 14.

Yes, she will need a new PK14 from the amphur to proceed with the process.