Blank out contact info on a PDF document - free software?

SeaVisionBurma

I have some testimonials/reference letters which are to be posted on a website. They first need to have some personal contact info removed or blanked out.

Basically I want to make a rectangle around the contact info, and white it out/blank it out.

Can anyone recommend a program to do this?

Using Win7, don't have a full version of Acrobat.

Are there some free pdf editing programs which will do this?

Thanks for any advice.

You could have a read here - http://www.labnol.org/software/edit-pdf-files/10870/ -it gives a number of options but don't know how old the article is. This is mentioned and I have heard of - http://www.pdfescape.com/

Or use Adobe 30 day free trial......

www.pdfescape.com worked PERFECTLY.

Many thanks for all the replies!!

• Like 1

Another option is to copy the .pdf text you want, create a new doc using Abiword (open source program for 'doze and lux), then paste and save your text. Later can beautify your doc. and turn it back into .pdf. AA

Be careful with this. If you're simply putting a black box over the sensitive text the original text can still be recovered, as the US Government found out much to its embarrassment on more than one occasion. (Google PDF blackout follies to find the stories.)

The safest way would be to convert the PDF file to an image, then cover up the text using a graphics program.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...