Long-Term Cambodia Visa

Easy. Buy a $20 tourist visa on arrival. That's good for 30 days. Go into Phnom Phen and have a driver take you to Lucky Motors - a car dealer. They are an agent for Visas. Give them your passport and about $280 US, and they'll have your one year general visa ready the next day. That's it.

If you haven't been there, I'd buy the 30 day only and look around. It's different, costs are different although almost offsetting in total, there's more English spoken, it doesn't have the infrastructure of Thailand, and you need to learn where most expats choose to live because it's a huge city with good and bad areas.

Good luck.

Even better would be your ability to communicate with other expats actually living there at the moment. I don't think I'm allowed to post the link to another forum , but I believe I'm still allowed to give you the information. If you type in the words “ Khmer440 “ into Google it will take you to a forum like this one in which you can ask any questions you like regarding life in Cambodia.

• Like 1

Easy. Buy a $20 tourist visa on arrival. That's good for 30 days. Go into Phnom Phen and have a driver take you to Lucky Motors - a car dealer. They are an agent for Visas. Give them your passport and about $280 US, and they'll have your one year general visa ready the next day. That's it.

If you haven't been there, I'd buy the 30 day only and look around. It's different, costs are different although almost offsetting in total, there's more English spoken, it doesn't have the infrastructure of Thailand, and you need to learn where most expats choose to live because it's a huge city with good and bad areas.

Good luck.

From what I understand, you can only extend an ordinary visa for 12 months, but not a tourist visa. Are you sure you can extend a tourist visa for 12 months. I've checked quite a few different websites, and they all say a tourist visa can only be extended once, and for 30 days. After that you have to leave the country.