Mercedes Benz purchase in Bangkok - Where are they manufactured?

wailee

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All.

I just have to smile when I read about import tax on foreign cars. I know that there are different numbers set out by the Gov,

But it all depends on who you know to give a helping hand. Some no tax at all??.

phupaman

A scam is only good until it comes undone. Assume you have been reading the news :)

• Like 1

For those of you here who claim that luxury cars are worth their inflated prices because they retain great value when resold, it is total BS, at least according to my current experience.

I am trying to sell a 2 year old C 200 with only 8,500 kilometers that I bought for almost 2.4 million.

Went round to a few second hand care dealers on Ratchada and the best offer I got was 1.5 Million.

A 40 % depreciation over 2 years.

Another Thai myth bites the dust.

For those of you here who claim that luxury cars are worth their inflated prices because they retain great value when resold, it is total BS, at least according to my current experience.

I am trying to sell a 2 year old C 200 with only 8,500 kilometers that I bought for almost 2.4 million.

Went round to a few second hand care dealers on Ratchada and the best offer I got was 1.5 Million.

In most Western markets it would have lost around 60% at 2 years old, and would be down to just 30% within another year or so.

You also have to expect at least 10% less when you're selling it wholesale, not retail.

In most Western markets it would have lost around 60% at 2 years old, and would be down to just 30% within another year or so.

You also have to expect at least 10% less when you're selling it wholesale, not retail.

Lost me there IMHO.An equivlent Volvo costs the Same as a B.M. in the E.U..Not 30 % odd More like here, so 60% of very little ain't bad.

Lost me there IMHO.An equivlent Volvo costs the Same as a B.M. in the E.U..Not 30 % odd More like here, so 60% of very little ain't bad.

He makes no sense just like the car market here.

Well, if Ace can't understand my English,I guess I had better try again :P

In markets like the UK, the average depreciation for a Benz C-Class (and most others in it's class) is:

Year 1: 50%

Year 2: 60%

Year 3: 70%

In Thailand the average depreciation is:

Year 1: 25%

Year 2: 30%

Year 3: 35%

But you're not getting any of the above numbers if selling to a tent.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I believe its a problem worldwide when it comes to expansive cars.

Yes they hold the value but buyers market is very limited as not too many people can afford it.

Dealers offer you a really cheap price, and you either keep on looking for let it go for cheap.

Had similar problem selling BMW back home, $70000 market value(4-5 years old), dealers offering around $50 000, paid $125000

My beloved 220E is coming up to 20 years old, almost 280K's on the clock and the engine never even had the rocker cover taken off. Normal wear and tear problems such as suspension, engine mountings, exhaust and typical AC problems. Love the old bitch.

My beloved 220E is coming up to 20 years old, almost 280K's on the clock and the engine never even had the rocker cover taken off. Normal wear and tear problems such as suspension, engine mountings, exhaust and typical AC problems. Love the old bitch.

Great to know,but thats a True German Turkish one.thumbsup.gif

Whoa missed this thread completely.

They are made by Turks in Germany.

True, but they do all the work that Germans dont fancy, bit like Burmese here.

Burmese!? Nein!!

Working in the Benz assembly line isn´t seen as some kind of work a German wouldn´t want to do. It´s very well paid with an above average payment for the skills it requires. Many Germans build Mercs too, side by side with their Turkis, Russian, Italian colleagues, nothing wrong with that. I know some of these "Turks" that work for Merc. back home. They don´t look like poor mistreated Burmese to me. More like the average middel class German living an ordinary but ok life.

• Like 1

People only buy Mercs in Thailand because they want to show off how much money they have got. There are far better cars for much less money.

This is what all the cheap charlies who prefer to buy ugly houses for their wives always say but I am still waiting to see.

Even for free I would not drive one of these <deleted> Japanese metallic boxes.

People only buy Mercs in Thailand because they want to show off how much money they have got. There are far better cars for much less money.

This is what all the cheap charlies who prefer to buy ugly houses for their wives always say but I am still waiting to see.

Even for free I would not drive one of these <deleted> Japanese metallic boxes.

Doubt You can afford Either with that attitude.

• Like 1

My wife and I have just spent the last few weekends comparing Honda Accord Navi, C class Benz and a 328 BMW. We quickly eliminated the Benz as it does not include servicing in the purchase cost and I really did not like the interior quality for the price . At this stage it is still a hard decision between the other two , even though they are completely different cars with the BM almost twice the price of the Honda. However we are currently looking at cost of ownership over 5 years, factoring in BMW's finance with a balloon payment at the end. When living in Oz I always bought 3 series BM's but here there is a significant price premium over the Honda which is roughly the sam price in Oz as here. In Australia it would be a no brainer, buy the BM but here in Thailand it is much harder to decide. Yes I know the Honda is front wheel drive and this is one of the things that comes into the equation but it is hard to ignore the many other safety features that the Honda offers like lane departure warning. At this stage the jury is still out but I am leaning towards the Honda.... Toyota Camry!!... I'm from Australia, we call them white goods with wheels. In saying all this I still think me current Pajero is more suited to the poorly maintained pot holed Thai road system populated with raving lunatic Thai drivers.

Sent from my Slate 21 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Funny that you compare BM and Benz to Japanese boxes...

I always look BM and Benz when buying a new car and Benz always win for me.

It seems that you do not know all the safety functions of the new models, and I think these cars are the only one really adapted to Thai road and retarded drivers.

Last, do you always need to compare prices or you sometimes buy something just because it is nice or because you like it ? Life must be sad when having to count every million spent...

• Like 1

• 5 months later...