Farang supermarkets nearby?

hansje1980

We move soon from BKK to HH.

Wondering if there are are shops like Tops, Foodland, Villa Market in either HH or ChaAm?

All we found so far is a very tiny supermarket for Europeans in ChaAm with the name Okay supermarket (or something like that). But is there anything else out there?????

Thanks a lot :)

Sadly, no Tops or Foodland, but there is a Villa Market in Hua Hin that is well stocked with western goods. We also have a very good Makro at the northern edge of Hua Hin with some western goods and the old Hua Hin Shopping Mall at the main traffic light downtown has a few western items that are not stocked at Thai stores. We also have several Tescos, and locally owned supermarkets called G market but they carry mostly the usual Thai brands with only a very few imports. There is also a new small Big C in Cha-Am.

Hua Hin has a Villa Market on Petchkasem Road. SIL works there and has been told they are also opening one in Cha am on the Narratip Road due November this year. Try the old shopping mall, some great finds in there at much cheaper prices than anywhere else

I think Villa Market does accept credit cards. Tricolor's comment was in reference to their high prices I believe.

Yes it was but Villa are not expensive when you look at the cost of the products in the original countries, especially when you compare them to the large mark ups that Soi 41 and OK minimart charge. Villa isn't expensive at all.

hhfarang is correct, it was said in jest clap2.gif

It's good advice though to first try the supermarket at the back of the old shopping mall, or Tesco-Lotus and similar large outlets.

Are the prices at Hua Hin's Villa Market the same as at their shops in Bangkok i wonder, or is there an additional mark-up for HH ?

I think Villa Market does accept credit cards. Tricolor's comment was in reference to their high prices I believe.

Yes it was but Villa are not expensive when you look at the cost of the products in the original countries, especially when you compare them to the large mark ups that Soi 41 and OK minimart charge. Villa isn't expensive at all.

Maybe so but everyday products (milk eggs veg etc) are way more expensive than the shopping mall

Tesco Lotus IMO is a rip off with everything 20% more expensive than the shopping mall

I think i stumbled across the old supermarket last week.Its near thr little french cafe i think.I normally shop at tescos,but i think the supermarket was much cheaper and they had a good range of western foods that tescos don't carry..worth a look

Hua Hin has a Villa Market on Petchkasem Road. SIL works there and has been told they are also opening one in Cha am on the Narratip Road due November this year. Try the old shopping mall, some great finds in there at much cheaper prices than anywhere else

Can you tell where is the old shopping mall in Hua hin, because I feel there are other places called " shopping mall",

Thanks

Can you tell where is the old shopping mall in Hua hin, because I feel there are other places called " shopping mall",

It's not quite one block North from the main traffic light in the middle of town on the west side of Phetkasem road. It's in a three storey building and it actually says "Hua HIn Shopping Mall" up on the side and front of the building. The ground floor is composed of restaurants in the front with clothing shopping in the middle and a supermarket taking up about a third of the ground floor in the back as well as housewares on the second floor of that same space. There is a back door directly from the super market onto Sa Song road which is one block west of Phetkasem and near that door is where the French place is I think as there are a lot of restaurants and coffee shops on that street. Parking is in a one way alley parking lot on the south side of the Mall with the entrance off Phetkasem about 100 meters from the traffic light.

There is also a decent IT mall on the third floor of the building.

Maybe so but everyday products (milk eggs veg etc) are way more expensive than the shopping mall

Tesco Lotus IMO is a rip off with everything 20% more expensive than the shopping mall

I believe with the slide in gold prices it is now cheaper by weight tha buying cheese in Vikka Mart.

I believe with the slide in gold prices it is now cheaper by weight tha buying cheese in Vikka Mart.

Villa Mart

It's not quite one block North from the main traffic light in the middle of town on the west side of Phetkasem road. It's in a three storey building and it actually says "Hua HIn Shopping Mall" up on the side and front of the building. The ground floor is composed of restaurants in the front with clothing shopping in the middle and a supermarket taking up about a third of the ground floor in the back as well as housewares on the second floor of that same space. There is a back door directly from the super market onto Sa Song road which is one block west of Phetkasem and near that door is where the French place is I think as there are a lot of restaurants and coffee shops on that street. Parking is in a one way alley parking lot on the south side of the Mall with the entrance off Phetkasem about 100 meters from the traffic light.

There is also a decent IT mall on the third floor of the building.

Thanks, I found it: old style, very different from the others; I"ll visit again when I come back to Hua hin

New small Big C in HH also, up Pala-U road on the left before elephant village turn. Market Village has a big Tesco Lotus just south of HH downtown.

I've seen big Tesco Lotus stores. The one at Market Village isn't one of them. Three of them would fit inside a big Tesco Lotus.

New small Big C in HH also, up Pala-U road on the left before elephant village turn. Market Village has a big Tesco Lotus just south of HH downtown.

I've seen big Tesco Lotus stores. The one at Market Village isn't one of them. Three of them would fit inside a big Tesco Lotus.
Have you, now?

Did you take the measurements? The world awaits the exact dimensions with bated breath.

Edited by johnnyk

Have you, now?

Did you take the measurements? The world awaits the exact dimensions with bated breath.

Is that the best you can troll?

Have you, now?

Is that the best you can troll?