Thai Ministers change schedules amid reports of Cabinet reshuffle

webfact

RESHUFFLE
Ministers change schedules amid reports of reshuffle

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Amid reports of a Cabinet reshuffle, some ministers expecting to be transferred or removed decided to change their schedules yesterday.

Among them was Justice Minister Pol General Pracha Promnok, who presided over an event at which compensation totalling Bt19 million was handed out to 77 people claiming damages over the 2010 crackdown.

Yesterday was the fourth time such payment has been made, with compensation for victims of the 2010 crackdown to date totalling Bt50 million.

Pheu Thai members, weng Tojirakarn and Democratic Alliance against Dictatorship (DAAD) chief Thida Thavornseth, who is his wife, were also present at the event.

Of the 77 claimants, 18 hailed from Ubon Ratchathani, 28 from Udon Thani, six from Khon Kaen, four from Chiang Mai, one from Mukdahan and 20 from Bangkok.

Red-shirt detainees received Bt411 per day spent in prison, and if their case was dropped, those detained for up to 180 days were eligible for another Bt750,000 for mental rehabilitation. Those detained for more than 180 days got Bt1.5 million.

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung, who oversees national security, told reporters yesterday that he had cancelled a scheduled trip to the South this weekend. Meanwhile, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday also cancelled a meeting with him at which she was scheduled to discuss the problems of the restive South.

Chalerm remains unfazed

Chalerm, meanwhile, said he would respect Yingluck's decision if she chose to give him the reins of the Labour Ministry, because then he could look into the problem of illegal migrant workers.

He denied that his possible transfer could be related to his over-zealous monitoring of political rallies and investigations into "plots" to topple the government.

Deputy Prime Minister Plodprasop Suraswadi, chairman of the Water and Flood Management Policy Committee, also abruptly postponed his visit to Tak's Mae Sot district.

Plodprasop had earlier informed local government agencies that he would visit Mae Sot's tambons Maedao, Maeku and Phra That Phadaeng to follow up on progress of cadmium clean-up operations.

He also planned to visit Padah village in Tambon Phra That Phadaeng and another to a mine belonging to Phadaeng Industry yesterday.

Residents and local officials, who had prepared a lavish reception for the minister, were confused by the cancellation and there was speculation that Plodprasop was about to be removed from the Cabinet.

Separately, Education Minister Pongthep Thepkanjana chaired a meeting of the panel in charge of the revolving fund to help teachers in debt. He said the meeting had resolved to allocate Bt500 million for 2,500 teachers, who will be granted a soft-loan of Bt200,000 each.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-06-28

Chalerm the new labour minister? WP requirements might just become quite silly soon. Need to renew mine next month.

When is the reshuffle?

Everybody knows the hatred Chalerm has for foreigners.

Especially those with fake diplomas who claim they can teach English!

Everyone in the alcoholic drinks industry should rejoice if Chalerm is made Labour Minister as he will be a great champion for their cause, by deed at least if not actually in incoherent words.

He does not drink, it is the ear medication he takes. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Chalerm the new labour minister? WP requirements might just become quite silly soon. Need to renew mine next month.

When is the reshuffle?

Good thing I don't teach English or have fake diplomas, then.

As Gaius Suetonius said, "Every now and then we re-organise and dress it up as making progress.

All the Thai Governments of recent years appear to be blindfolded and set in a maze. All that I expect from any shuffling about is some honeyed words muttered through clenched teeth, and empty promises about embarkking on great crusades to reach Paradise on Earth.

Chalerm remains unfazed

Chalerm, meanwhile, said he would respect Yingluck's decision if she chose to give him the reins of the Labour Ministry, because then he could look into the problem of illegal migrant workers.

He denied that his possible transfer could be related to his over-zealous monitoring of political rallies and investigations into "plots" to topple the government

Pity they didn't ask him if his transfer was related to the fact he's a buffoon and a liability to the government biggrin.png

• Like 2

Need to renew mine next month.

If the goverment lasts that long...one suspects in the next months everything is going to go pear shaped

People on here have been saying everything is going to go pear shaped since the day this government took office. Two and a half years ago. I know, I know, this time its REALLY going to go pear shaped, right?

If the goverment lasts that long...one suspects in the next months everything is going to go pear shaped

People on here have been saying everything is going to go pear shaped since the day this government took office. Two and a half years ago. I know, I know, this time its REALLY going to go pear shaped, right?

Two and a half years ago the PTP didn't have the problems they have today. Massive would be an understatement.

The pear is rotten to the core. Innit?

Two and a half years ago the PTP didn't have the problems they have today. Massive would be an understatement.

People were saying there would be a coup within weeks or months of them taking office. Never happened.

All governments want to stay in power. In order to do so, this government has had to keep the two major providers of power - the people and the army - onside. It's just about to crown its 2.5 years of cosying-up to the military with Yingluck's planned appointment to Defense. Could you imagine her taking that position 2.5 years ago? It would have been unthinkable.

With the army now onside, PTP will soon be back to expending the rest of their political capital fixing damaged public perception due to rice scheme etc in time for the next general election.

Saying they've got massive problems is an overstatement. they're just juggling their priorities as any government would. Business as usual.

Edited by 15Peter20

When is the reshuffle?

Good thing I don't teach English or have fake diplomas, then.

So you're the other one!

When is the reshuffle?

My renewal also coming up soon. Hope I can get it done before he takes over. Don't want to be asked for a brown envelope. LOL.

Well in that case he needs to give his Bentley and Rolls back then....if he hates them that much dont buy their products

Why? They were reassembled in Thailand so they are Thai now :D

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

"Ministers change schedules amid reports of reshuffle"

Real professionals with the right mentality to working for country and it's people. Didn't the (real) PM herself firmly say nothing about a reshuffle?

People were saying there would be a coup within weeks or months of them taking office. Never happened.

All governments want to stay in power. In order to do so, this government has had to keep the two major providers of power - the people and the army - onside. It's just about to crown its 2.5 years of cosying-up to the military with Yingluck's planned appointment to Defense. Could you imagine her taking that position 2.5 years ago? It would have been unthinkable.

With the army now onside, PTP will soon be back to expending the rest of their political capital fixing damaged public perception due to rice scheme etc in time for the next general election.

Saying they've got massive problems is an overstatement. they're just juggling their priorities as any government would. Business as usual.

Sounds just like a party political spin doctor.

I don't subscribe to the 'about to collapse' opinion but 'business as usual' is laughable. Apart from the rice debacle (which is not over by a long shot), there is the water projects' failure to get off the ground. The 'urgently' required B350bn is likely to sit in limbo or expire.

Coming up are CC verdicts, Thaksin amnesty attempts (again) and the 'reconcile or else' push (also again).

Note that PTP have failed to intimidate the Democrat party with all the DSI & military kangaroo court efforts.

To paraphrase the Chinese proverb: 'we are going to experience interesting times'.

• Like 2

but the thing you havent considered is that the "peasants" are getting restless and seeing as they are messing with peoples money..ie the rice farmers...the very people who put them in power could turn against them, so maybe nothing to do with miltary coups...

• Like 1

When is the reshuffle?

My renewal also coming up soon. Hope I can get it done before he takes over. Don't want to be asked for a brown envelope. LOL.

No no....Charlem will not want a brown envelope for renewal...he will want a new pink Bentley or at least some ear medicine...

Didn't PM-Yingluck and PTP win the election in July-2011, so in fact it's just under two years, not two and a half years, since they started to cock things up save the country ? cool.png

• Like 1

One interesting bombshell for the government is the case of the former NSC secretary general Thawil who won his case in the Administrative Court to be reinstated in his job after being sacked by Yingluck. Since Yingluck ordered the Attorney General to appeal the Admin Court's decsision, Thawil has filed a malfeasance case against the government with the NACC. If they decide to accept the case, they can order Yingluck and the entire cabinet to suspend its duties while they investigate.

With just a tiny bit of luck wink.png

They do not and never did have the people behind them 52% of the people did not want them and I am sure that number has increased in the last two and a half years.

I am sure they will win the next election but find them selves in the position Abhist did of having to please other parties.

Should be interesting. In two and a half years they have gone through all the people capable of doing their duty in the cabinet. Now they are looking for suitable people in a year and a half they will be looking for devoted followers of the Shinawarta wanna be dynasty.

Edited by hellodolly

<snip for brevity>

One reason it's unthinkable, to imagine PM-Yingluck taking the position of DM 2.5 years ago, is that the Democrat-led coalition of former-PM Abhisit was still in power, and Yingluck hadn't even started her political-career, let alone joined PTP or been elected as an MP or anything ? whistling.gif

Just to point out once again, the current PTP-led coalition-government of PM-Yingluck hasn't yet been in power, for quite two years. Tedious things, facts, but so important. facepalm.gif

The military are to be congratulated on having let the current administration run, after all they had been elected (if not with a landslide) by the voters, and it has given everyone the chance to see just how well Thaksin performs when there isn't a global-boom underway !

Constant reshuffles, and jockeying for position by their self-serving leaders, the debacles of the rice-scam & new-car-scheme & delayed minimum-wage, the complete failure to investigate/establish the identity of the black-shirts or who lay behind the protests of 2010, it's not surprising that the Red-Shirts and poor-farmers are getting restive. If only there was a party which truly had their interests at heart !

Meanwhile ministers dump their responsibilities, or scoot off to Singapore and Hong Kong, to argue their cases for continued government-jobs, while the 'real' PM bemoans her lack-of-support.

Yay for Red-Democracy ! coffee1.gif

• Like 1