City workers to crack down on beach littering

Rimmer

City workers to crack down on beach littering

n3strict1.jpg

PATTAYA:--The Pattaya Public Health and Environment Department said it will crack down on litterbugs polluting area beaches and will step up shoreline cleaning.

Sanitation worker Sunya Thupthimsri said city municipal officers have been told to more strictly enforce a 1992 law forbidding littering, spitting, extinguishing cigarettes, dropping chewed gum and other litterbug offenses. Offenders can be fined up to 2,000 baht.

Full story http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/city-workers-to-crack-down-on-beach-littering-27635

pattayamaillogo.png

-- Pattaya Mail 2013-06-28 footer_n.gif

IMHO the most garbage comes from offshore. The beaches are totally disgusting, filled with every possible foul human-made item imaginable. Rumour has it that the City is actually involved in "dumping" garbage offshore at night, off of those barges. The dumped garbage ends up on the beach. Does anybody know this to be a fact? If so, the City might contemplate not doing that, as a first measure to clean up the beaches.

IMHO the most garbage comes from offshore. The beaches are totally disgusting, filled with every possible foul human-made item imaginable. Rumour has it that the City is actually involved in "dumping" garbage offshore at night, off of those barges. The dumped garbage ends up on the beach. Does anybody know this to be a fact? If so, the City might contemplate not doing that, as a first measure to clean up the beaches.

Go past Bali Hai pier and see the toxic mess on city property used by the boat operators.

I have no doubt these people are dumping their trash in the water.

Go past Bali Hai pier and see the toxic mess on city property used by the boat operators.

I have no doubt these people are dumping their trash in the water.

Them and all the other boats/ferries/fishing vessels/etc around here.

I am glad to see a focus put on this. If they only catch & fine 100 people, rumors will spread and people that litter will notice and stop with dropping their filth wherever they feel like it. It is only when you ignore it will people continue to do it.

Isn't the purpose of having city workers simply a method to clean a city that has no rubbish bins?

Oh my goodness, these lazy idiots are going to put themselves out of work if they succeed.

Shoot first, think later... Now that is funny.

A couple of years ago the Barges were filmed doing exactly that.

Don't see why they would change something that has been in place for many years

ph34r.png

• 11 months later...

How do I stop it happening -

We live on Banglamung beach front and its a everyday occurance for people to sit on my front lawn, which I dont mind in the least.

But its become increasingly annoying when they just discard the left overs,wrapper, plastic bags glass bottles, drink cartons, socks and gloves and just walk away when they are finished their picnic or whatever

I have put up "Do Not Litter" signs in Thai language which are just ignored

Even when I request they take the litter with them (there is a bin at the entrance to the beach) they ignore the request

Total disrespect for the environment - the beach - other users and my front lawn

Any constructive ideas?

How do I stop it happening -

We live on Banglamung beach front and its a everyday occurance for people to sit on my front lawn, which I dont mind in the least.

But its become increasingly annoying when they just discard the left overs,wrapper, plastic bags glass bottles, drink cartons, socks and gloves and just walk away when they are finished their picnic or whatever

I have put up "Do Not Litter" signs in Thai language which are just ignored

Even when I request they take the litter with them (there is a bin at the entrance to the beach) they ignore the request

Total disrespect for the environment - the beach - other users and my front lawn

Any constructive ideas?

going to have to start in schools I guess, cant change people after the age of 15, in general

Let's just hope they don't enforce this like they do in Bangkok with regards to cigarette smokers. It's turned into just a money make for the BiB.sad.png

No problem if it does , as long as Thais are also fined for taking a dump or a piss on the beach or anywhere in public

Let's just hope they don't enforce this like they do in Bangkok with regards to cigarette smokers. It's turned into just a money make for the BiB.sad.png

Lets just hope they do just that. A garbage beach for problems for "these cigarette smokers" is a good trade.

Can avoid garbage on the beach .But these locals and tourists that lie around all day smoking cigarettes, or walking around in a daze smoking cigarettes, is a challenge..

Edited by morrobay