Treatments for Hemorrhoids?

Shurup

Is there any OTC medicine for treatment of hemorrhoids and easing off the symptoms? Over the years living here I've been getting food poisoning every once in a while and when sitting on a toilet for a few days, my butt was getting pretty irritated by the time I was able to digest food normally again. It seems each time with every next food poisoning it was getting worse and worse and finally seems to turn into hemorrhoids which too were getting more and more annoying with each occurrence.

To make a long story short I've got one right now, there's a swelling with something that feels like a lump inside the swelling on the outside of the anus, it's painful and I try to push it back in every once in a while, which eases off the pain but I can't walk around with a finger in my butt of course, It's been here this time for almost 2 weeks now and seems it's not getting better.

Any OTC meds that will help with pain and help it go away? What other alternatives? Surgery? Where? I would really like to get rid of it once and for all.

it's painful and I try to push it back in every once in a while, which eases off the pain but I can't walk around with a finger in my butt of course,

No, that would be awkward, but i got an idea.

This may sound strange, but bear with me, there are buttplugs that are shaped so they will stay put, as a temporary solution.

post-136786-0-15457700-1372512391_thumb.

• Like 1

This sounds like a thrombosed prolapsed (external) hemorrhoid; these can be managed without surgery but may take up to 6 weeks to resolve. Use Proctosedyl or Anusol suppositories as the ointment does not treat it effectively. Important to keep the area clean as dry as possible to avoid itching.

The OTC meds will temporarily relieve symptoms only. For permanent removal, need surgical treatment.

I had similar problems as a young man - the affliction being both internal and external. I treated the condition with both suppositories and ointment and in due course it repaired itself. Since those days I've never had further trouble but have always paid attention to a healthy diet, (plenty of fibre), avoided straining during the passing of a motion and best of all, perhaps, abandoning the use of toilet paper many years ago when I discovered the wonderful personal cleansing device, (or bum hose).

I have every sympathy for the OP and hope he can find what he requires. I recall the OTC med I used was 'Anusol' and it came in ointment or suppository form. There is also one called 'Preparation H'.

Amongst the sailing fraternity the condition was fairly common - a result of sitting for long periods on cold, wet decks it was supposed. They were known colloquially as 'Steinbecks'. Think 'Grapes of Wrath', and you've got the connection.

Thanks all for your replies, you too Panoi, but no, thanks, I don't want that..

Worst of all, I'm in Singapore for work at the moment and have no idea when scheduled to go back to Thailand, maybe one week, maybe 2.

Went to a pharmacy last night, apparently the PROCTOSEDYL Ointment is a prescription only here, but I've found the Preparation H on the shelve, it is helping somewhat. I'll go inquire about the surgery when I return to Thailand.

As noted, the food poisoning and associated diarrhoea with repeated trips to the toilet are likely making things worse. You may find that a long period away from the effects of 'Bangkok Belly', with cleaner food, and your problems resolve on their own.

Well, with all conditions equal, some people get it some people don't, some get cancer, some don't. Same with many other disorders.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I had them when I was younger but for some reason they went away. Internal and external and sometimes bleeding.

I have a friend who had good success with surgery. Check around a lot though. Some methods are simpler, cheaper and faster and work.

They do spontaneously resolve in some cases, but not all.

Things that will help the pain and healing include eating a high fiber diet and otherwise avoiding constipation, hot soaks and to the extent you can minimize sitting for prolonged periods in favor of reclining or walking.

Thsi is agood overview of treatment options, some of the surgical approaches are much simpler and less invasive than hemerhoidectomy

• Like 1

I dont think so, it is safe to say that no white man north of the equator has had so much diarrhea as me, (due to a formidable beer intake) yet i never suffered this particular problem

LOL cheesy.gif

Sorry I'll get me coat... rolleyes.gif

i suffered badly with piles[not money] its not a problem to talk about rearly but mine used to bleed every time i went to the toilet plus you could feel them,talk about a pocket full of marbles well i had a bum full.used prep.h.for yrs but still they were there,till the day i done my neighbour a favour.now you can believe what i am going to say or call me a fking liar.sunday night was my booze night as i had no work on mondays,so it was booze and

take-away.monday morning i took my neighbour to hospital who had an outpatient appointment

and i waited for him in my van with his young daughter on my lap.this is what i experianced over the next 2hrs.the take-away i had the previous night was an indian vindaloo curry,hot and bloody hot,sat in the van wanting to go to the toilet i had no choice but to grin and bare it,my bum was on fire and burning like someone had stuck a red hot poker up it.

after 2hrs.and getting home i could not sit down but sat with my bum in a bowl of ice cold water.you can read into it and say what a load of b-lloks but to this day i have never had or suffered any problems since that day in march [1981].a day in the life of taff.

So what are you saying meatboy, did the hot curry food helped or a bowl of ice cold water? I didn't try soaking my bum in ice cold water (soaking in warm water helps ease the pain and discomfort), but eating hot spicy food making things worse I'm sure, for me anyway.

If your in Singapore and have medical insurance you should seek assistance whilst there.

Singapore is a well regarded centre of medial excellence. 

Thanks for a suggestion, but I can't take enough time off work here to go for a surgery, will have to wait till I'm back to Thai for my month off.

So what are you saying meatboy, did the hot curry food helped or a bowl of ice cold water? I didn't try soaking my bum in ice cold water (soaking in warm water helps ease the pain and discomfort), but eating hot spicy food making things worse I'm sure, for me anyway.

like i said you can read into it any way you like,when i said i suffered every time i went to the toilet it was if i was having a period,i had talked with my docter about surgery but i found out it was not a very nice op so it put me off having to go down that road[bit of a coward when it comes to pain]i did speak to the doctor after it ceased to be a problem and he thought the spices had burned the bleading lumps and they had shrunk.dont forget this happened 32yrs.ago and knowing what i know now about chilli's and what they can do i am convinced the curry was the cure,there is no other explanation.

maybe sheryl could come up with some sort of an explanation living in the land of hot&spicy

food.

I used to work in a job where I had to sit the whole on a rather uncomfortable chair and I got hemorroids. It might sound stupid, but getting up every 15 minutes and walk around for 2 minutes made the problem go away.

Edited by kriswillems

like i said you can read into it any way you like,when i said i suffered every time i went to the toilet it was if i was having a period,i had talked with my docter about surgery but i found out it was not a very nice op so it put me off having to go down that road[bit of a coward when it comes to pain]i did speak to the doctor after it ceased to be a problem and he thought the spices had burned the bleading lumps and they had shrunk.dont forget this happened 32yrs.ago and knowing what i know now about chilli's and what they can do i am convinced the curry was the cure,there is no other explanation.

maybe sheryl could come up with some sort of an explanation living in the land of hot&spicy

food.

i reckon it smelled so bad people

it's painful and I try to push it back in every once in a while, which eases off the pain but I can't walk around with a finger in my butt of course,

This may sound strange, but bear with me, there are buttplugs that are shaped so they will stay put, as a temporary solution.

spend enough time on here and everything is a viable suggestion.

i nominate this as post of the day

spend enough time on here and everything is a viable suggestion.

i nominate this as post of the day

Edited by joeaverage

Thanks all for your replies, you too Panoi, but no, thanks, I don't want that..

Worst of all, I'm in Singapore for work at the moment and have no idea when scheduled to go back to Thailand, maybe one week, maybe 2.

Went to a pharmacy last night, apparently the PROCTOSEDYL Ointment is a prescription only here, but I've found the Preparation H on the shelve, it is helping somewhat. I'll go inquire about the surgery when I return to Thailand.

I posted about the very same problem years ago.

I suffered for years, they would come and go, in the end I got fed up and decided an operation was the way to go.

Had the op done in Ramkhamhaeng hospital, cost was about 50k baht, in on the Sunday night, operated on first thing Monday morning, left the hospital on Thurs evening.

Have had no problems since, my only regret, I didnt get the op years before.

• Like 1

If you need to go the surgery route, I would recommend Dr. Chucheep Sahakitrungruang at Bumrungrad. Even if you just want an opinion. I had anal fissure surgery done by him and it went just fine. I would not hesitate to go to him again.