Treatments for Hemorrhoids?

Shurup

If you need to go the surgery route, I would recommend Dr. Chucheep Sahakitrungruang at Bumrungrad. Even if you just want an opinion. I had anal fissure surgery done by him and it went just fine. I would not hesitate to go to him again.

Please excuse me for butting (excuse the pun, not intended) in, however in my opinion, its best to follow the doctor and not the hospital.

The same doctors can be found operating in different hospitals with different prices for the same procedure.

If you need to go the surgery route, I would recommend Dr. Chucheep Sahakitrungruang at Bumrungrad. Even if you just want an opinion. I had anal fissure surgery done by him and it went just fine. I would not hesitate to go to him again.

Please excuse me for butting (excuse the pun, not intended) in, however in my opinion, its best to follow the doctor and not the hospital.

The same doctors can be found operating in different hospitals with different prices for the same procedure.

Agree wholeheartedly and I believe Dr Chucheep does work out of a government hospital as well. Indeed, follow the doctor.

Just get it cut. A thrombosed bleeding hemorroid is maybe the most painfull thing in the world. I can proudly say I lived to tell the tale of the indescribable pain. After 3 days of horrible pain and bleeding I got it cut. Took all of 5 minutes, so not sure why someone would need to pay 40000 baht and stay in hospital, maybe it was something else that poster had. In any case, having the anestethic injected INTO the hemmoroid is not pleasent either. But then it is snip snip and off you go, with no pain but of course quite alot of embarassement after having a nurse and doctor stare into your lower region.

It's a small procedure. Can't be more than a couple thousand baht at a public hospital.

Thanks all for your replies, you too Panoi, but no, thanks, I don't want that..

Worst of all, I'm in Singapore for work at the moment and have no idea when scheduled to go back to Thailand, maybe one week, maybe 2.

Went to a pharmacy last night, apparently the PROCTOSEDYL Ointment is a prescription only here, but I've found the Preparation H on the shelve, it is helping somewhat. I'll go inquire about the surgery when I return to Thailand.

I posted about the very same problem years ago.

I suffered for years, they would come and go, in the end I got fed up and decided an operation was the way to go.

Had the op done in Ramkhamhaeng hospital, cost was about 50k baht, in on the Sunday night, operated on first thing Monday morning, left the hospital on Thurs evening.

Have had no problems since, my only regret, I didnt get the op years before.

I think you guys have been operated for something else. No way does a simple cut of a trombosed hemoroid cost 50K. It takes literally 5 minutes and you walk away with no problems.

Hemoroids come from straining and spending too much time on the toilet. Do some rudimentary squatting on your toes (not on the seat!!) instead.

Worst of all, I'm in Singapore for work at the moment and have no idea when scheduled to go back to Thailand, maybe one week, maybe 2.

Went to a pharmacy last night, apparently the PROCTOSEDYL Ointment is a prescription only here, but I've found the Preparation H on the shelve, it is helping somewhat. I'll go inquire about the surgery when I return to Thailand.

I suffered for years, they would come and go, in the end I got fed up and decided an operation was the way to go.

Had the op done in Ramkhamhaeng hospital, cost was about 50k baht, in on the Sunday night, operated on first thing Monday morning, left the hospital on Thurs evening.

I think you guys have been operated for something else. No way does a simple cut of a trombosed hemoroid cost 50K. It takes literally 5 minutes and you walk away with no problems.

Hemoroids come from straining and spending too much time on the toilet. Do some rudimentary squatting on your toes (not on the seat!!) instead.

There are several different surgical techniques that may be used depending on the individual need.

There are several different surgical techniques that may be used depending on the individual need.

True, what these guys had was probably a total removal or banding inside.

In any case, often here on Thaivisa people don't explain their unique circumstance, so when someone else finds a post like this by searching for it here or in Google, they get a lot of incomplete information.

What I'm trying to get across to other sufferers of thrombosed hemmoroids is that relief is surgically available and takes 5 minutes and shouldn't cost much. Certainly no need for 50K and a night in hospital for a single hemorroid. I wish people had just told me to go see a surgeon right away when I was suffering instead of waiting it out.

a simple cut of a trombosed hemoroid

I am not in the medical profession so have no idea as to what you refer, I have no idea of the medical term for what I was operated for, the Thai term is rit see duang.

I can only comment on my symptons, they were hanging down externally like a bunch of grapes, I have no idea as to the internal situation.

There were about 4 or 5 at a time, the largest ones (thumbnail size) were the least painful, the smallest one (pinkienail size) was the most painful.

The worst part of the procedure was having to drink litres of salt water the night before the op, the op itself was painless, hardly surprising as I was out for the count.

The only thing i remember was the nurse telling me to count to ten as she applied a gas mask, I fell asleep after getting to three. The next thing I remember is coming to in the post op room.

There was no pain as such after the op, more a feeling of discomfort, but less uncomfortable than when the piles were giving me gip.

You wont be riding a motorcycle for a couple of weeks after the op, thats for sure.

I have no idea what I was operated for, I have no interest, all I know is the op was a complete success.

• 2 weeks later...

I cut mine and I think it may be infected (and I was so clean and careful sterilizing everything and keeping the area sterilized), I really advise just letting it fall off rather than cutting... but the temptation can be sometimes too much just to get rid of it, but then you have the added effort of waiting for it to heal and keeping it sanitized and free from infection

I am very glad I did this myself. Saved me 30,000 baht. It did hurt for my 4 days. Used Ibuprofen & antibiotic capsules & common farang sense to get thru. Mine was a 4 cm in diameter after banding. My only regret – why did I done it earlier???????

I cut mine and I think it may be infected (and I was so clean and careful sterilizing everything and keeping the area sterilized), I really advise just letting it fall off rather than cutting... but the temptation can be sometimes too much just to get rid of it, but then you have the added effort of waiting for it to heal and keeping it sanitized and free from infection

I am very glad I did this myself. Saved me 30,000 baht. It did hurt for my 4 days. Used Ibuprofen & antibiotic capsules & common farang sense to get thru. Mine was a 4 cm in diameter after banding. My only regret – why did I done it earlier???????

Sounds like a right pain in the arse to me.