Phongthep given another 30 days to explain Thaksin passport issue

webfact

at the end of the day it doesn't matter a rats-a_rse cause nothing will change - he (the fugitive criminal) will still hold a Thai passport irrespective of the explanation or not.

• Like 2

It's time the ombudsman grew some balls and did somehting about this. PTP are simply filibustering. I think they originally thought that DL would be back and firmly in control by now. The ombudsman would risk being dissolved like all the other checks and balances if he dared pursue this then.

However, he ain't back, the passport was illegally issued by his Thaksin's cousin who also wasted tax payers money in getting the Ambassador to deliver it personally, and the puppets can't thing up any answer other than as a democratically elelceted government we can do what we want.

It really is time the Omburdsman took more agressive action.

What is really sad is that so many countries openly cavort with and encourage a fugitive convicted criminal. This, and the fact that his puppet government and police force will never request extradtion or revoke the passport adds to his self-blieve and meglamania. If he ever returns, the consequences are too frightening to contemplate.

• Like 2

Doesn't he have a (diplomatic) passport from Montenegro? And perhaps one from Dubai (UAE) as well. A bit of a storm on a teacup if you ask me, as revoking his Thai passport doesn't stop him from travelling. Why didn't Abhisit revoke his passport when he was PM?

For the Thaksin hate crowd: I'm just asking so please don't bite my head off!

He supposedly had Montengro citizenship and passport. And, of course his illegally issued Thai one (who knows what sort that actually is?).

I doubt the UAE would issue one to him, or accept him as a citizen. He isn't muslim for starters. The loony tunes ruler of Dubai is a kindred spirit, and strapped for cash, which is probably why he lets T have sanctuary there. But, the ruling family of Abu Dhabi call the shots in the UAE and I don't think they would be particularly fans of BB.

• Like 2

Doesn't he have a (diplomatic) passport from Montenegro? And perhaps one from Dubai (UAE) as well. A bit of a storm on a teacup if you ask me, as revoking his Thai passport doesn't stop him from travelling. Why didn't Abhisit revoke his passport when he was PM?

He supposedly had Montengro citizenship and passport. And, of course his illegally issued Thai one (who knows what sort that actually is?).

I doubt the UAE would issue one to him, or accept him as a citizen. He isn't muslim for starters. The loony tunes ruler of Dubai is a kindred spirit, and strapped for cash, which is probably why he lets T have sanctuary there. But, the ruling family of Abu Dhabi call the shots in the UAE and I don't think they would be particularly fans of BB.

I think he may also have one from a Central American country but stand to be corrected. Montenegro yes and he was supposedly buying an island there too ?

He did.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7999586.stm

I think he may also have one from a Central American country but stand to be corrected. Montenegro yes and he was supposedly buying an island there too ?

A Nicaraguan passport a Nigerian passport as well.

Actually it was explained some time ago why the passport was issued:

Fugitive ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra has already been issued with his new Thai passport, Foreign Ministry's spokesman Thani Thongpakdi said Friday.

The Foreign Ministry issued the passport for Thaksin on October 26 and sent it to him in Abu Dhai, UAE, via diplomatic pouch on the same day, he said.

Earlier Foreign Minister Surapong Tohvichakchaikul said his ministry had repealed the passport ban on Thaksin, which was issued by former foreign minister Kasit Piromya.

The minister said this was done because Thaksin is harmless and is not considered a security risk to the country.

• 11 months later...

this Phong guy really does pong and it aint a great pong, he supported the corrupt wheels that ate the money of the nation and he thought Bush would support him, even Obama does not like the phongy dealings as is clearly seen in the Shin meets Obama vdo

1389830048719_382.jpg

• Like 1