Cork Tiles......exist here?

cheeryble

Hi there

Have to make a large notice board and thought of just gluing cork tiles to the wall in an alcove.

I would like a total thickness enough to take a drawing pin......though i guess that could include a layer of soft non-cork underneath.

Any ideas and/or sources for cork tiles or an alternative gratefully received!

Prices?

Cheeryble

Cork easily absorbs bacteria, and with the humidity in Thailand, I would think that from a breathing aspect it would not be healthy to have in a home here. Just to much moisture to hold the bacteria and possible keep it alive.

Cork easily absorbs bacteria, and with the humidity in Thailand, I would think that from a breathing aspect it would not be healthy to have in a home here. Just to much moisture to hold the bacteria and possible keep it alive.

I guess it's not that great for bacteria, because wine is stored behind the cork for decades.

In any case, this is a very well aired public area....not the sort of place where mould would develop.

Wow, more than a day since I started my search here and still no real leads.

Here is the lead you are looking for!!

I save this link because i too wish to get cork boards, but i keep forgetting about it. I saved it for when i would get round to doing something about it. You've reminded me! Anyway, i hope the place/s still sell them. Let us know.

Cheers

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/558759-where-to-buy-a-cork-type-notice-board-in-chiang-mai/

Here is the lead you are looking for!!

I save this link because i too wish to get cork boards, but i keep forgetting about it. I saved it for when i would get round to doing something about it. You've reminded me! Anyway, i hope the place/s still sell them. Let us know.

Cheers

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/558759-where-to-buy-a-cork-type-notice-board-in-chiang-mai/

Thanks v much for trying, but I'm thinking of corking the whole back wall of the alcove from floor to ceiling, and require tiles.