New Thai Cabinet sworn in at Bangkok's Siriraj Hospital

webfact

Thailand's beloved Prime Minister has brought into cabinet experienced people who will strive to improve the productivity and quality of work at all of the ministries.

My colleagues and I join together to wish the PM and her cabinet success as they deal with many difficult issues. We extend our heartfelt best wishes and know that the people of Thailand are grateful for the sacrifice of these honourable public servants.

Is this post for real ?? This is simply another group being lined up for their turn at the feeding trough. If you have any doubts about that , think about the mysterious wealth of Plodprasop, or the transportation minister with boxes with millions of baht stashed at his house. " Sacrifice " ?? You must be joking..... Wait,was this post irony ? So hard to tell sometimes...

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Thailand's beloved Prime Minister has brought into cabinet experienced people who will strive to improve the productivity and quality of work at all of the ministries.

My colleagues and I join together to wish the PM and her cabinet success as they deal with many difficult issues. We extend our heartfelt best wishes and know that the people of Thailand are grateful for the sacrifice of these honourable public servants.

I always knew GK had a sense of humour to go with his knee pads!

• Like 2

Why do all the ministers wear military style outfits?

Government uniform, not military. Most government employees have a formal uniform and all the the lower grades of civil servants have a uniform. It is because status and hierarchical position is such an important part of that society.

The medals are awards gained during employment, promotions recieved, long service, that sort of thing.

BTW Chalerm is missing from the photo, because they were sworn in at Siriraj Hospital, so of course he was paying a visit to his (ear) doctor !

No, Minister Chalerm was at the hospital. Otherwise, he could not become a minister, as he had to be sworn in by HM. Minister Chalerm was not at Government House for the first photo.

Why do all the ministers wear military style outfits?

I have always wondered about that. They wear an outfit that makes

them look like an admiral whose fleet just won a world war....

Or preparation for when they go down with their ship.