Radar Down Again

GiantFan

Had a few sprinkles in Patong today and went to the Met Dept radar website. Didn't show anything in the area. Had another sprinkle 1/2 hour ago and tried again. Lo and behold, the date on the radar image is 28 June. I know somebody will mention windguru, which i also use, but I like the pictures.

Why do you need the internet to tell you what you can see outside your window? smile.pngsmile.png

I'm not sure how do you do it, but my ability to see to the other side of the island works only when I have put my superhero suit on.

Why do you need the internet to tell you what you can see outside your window? smile.pngsmile.png

I'm not sure how do you do it, but my ability to see to the other side of the island works only when I have put my superhero suit on.

"Had a few sprinkles in Patong today and went to the Met Dept radar website. Didn't show anything in the area." - if he was in Patong and saw the "sprinkles" - why would he need the internet to confirm the "sprinkles" in Patong."

"Had a few sprinkles in Patong today and went to the Met Dept radar website. Didn't show anything in the area." - if he was in Patong and saw the "sprinkles" - why would he need the internet to confirm the "sprinkles" in Patong."

How about he wanted to know if the sprinkles were likely to turn into a longer period of rain. Must admit I often do just that to plan my day's travels about the island.

• Like 1

How about he wanted to know if the sprinkles were likely to turn into a longer period of rain. Must admit I often do just that to plan my day's travels about the island.

Fair call, but how reliable is it?

Fair call, but how reliable is it?

Quite accurate for rain conditions. I just happen to be an active weather watcher (from my offshore days on work boats and my own sail boat). I look at the rain radar every morning. My wife laughs at me when I predict there is band of rain streaming in, predict when it will arrive and for how long. I usually get the last laugh biggrin.png

• Like 1

LOL! Really? You don't use the internet as a tool to help you have more knowledge or help manage things in your life? No real need for a response... By the way it poured at my house for about a half an hour.

LOL! Really? You don't use the internet as a tool to help you have more knowledge or help manage things in your life? No real need for a response... By the way it poured at my house for about a half an hour.

I just looked outside my window in Patong and observed the said "sprinkles." See is believing. :) :) :) :)

Of course I use the internet to "help manage things in my life." Tell me, how does the internet help you "manage" the weather? :)

The weather changes so fast here, it's hardly worth planning for. :) :)

No need for a response. :) :)

I just looked outside my window in Patong and observed the said "sprinkles." See is believing. smile.png:)smile.png:)

Of course I use the internet to "help manage things in my life." Tell me, how does the internet help you "manage" the weather? smile.png

The weather changes so fast here, it's hardly worth planning for. smile.png:)

No need for a response.

You're just brilliant aren't you? Where's the unlike button we use to have? Actually it does help me manage when I want to drive across the island. Apparently you never leave Patong, so no problem for you... And by the way; smile.png Gets OLD! coffee1.gifbah.gif

Edited by Jimi007
  • Like 1

@ Jimi007

I get around the island a bit, but the weather doesn't bother me too much. If it starts to pour, I just head for the nearest cafe for a coffee, juice or shake and relax till the rain eases. I read the paper, or chat with staff. No problem. It's all part of the randomness that is Phuket.

I don't head out for a ride if rain looks imminent, but I make that decision based on looking at the sky, seeing how dark it's getting, wind speed and temperature - not the internet.

You are correct when you say, "You're just brilliant aren't you." I do agree. smile.png

Remember, many "unlikes" makes you just as popular as many "likes." smile.png

As far as getting "old" - it's all a bit of friendly internet banter. Aren't we on these forums for some entertainment and information exchange?

Anyway, I just looked out my window and can confirm for members that it is raining again in Patong - no need to check that on the internet. smile.png

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 2

There is a weather warning for Phuket until Friday. At least I get my water tanks full.

Visibility in Ao Por is now less than 2km.

My electronic temperature meter stopped working when the temperature dropped to 23C. I think the poor thing just froze.

This weather radar is depressing. sad.png

Don't take much notice. Its not accurate.

You mean that the rain droplets have figured out how to enable stealth mode while flying in the sky?

This weather radar is depressing. sad.png

Don't take much notice. Its not accurate.

You mean that the rain droplets have figured out how to enable stealth mode while flying in the sky?

Can't the TAT change the radar pattern to promote tourism? :) :)

They fake everything else, why not the wether forecast. :) :)

This weather radar is "tarnishing Phuket's reputation." :) :)