Are Tasers (stun Guns) Illegal In Thailand?

NewWorld

Is it illegal to carry around a taser (stun gun) and use it only for defence purposes only? For example, would I be arrested for using a taser to protect my self when I'm surrounded by a group of gangstars that are about to beat me up?

Is it illegal to carry around a taser (stun gun) and use it only for defence purposes only? For example, would I be arrested for using a taser to protect my self when I'm surrounded by a group of gangstars that are about to beat me up?

This site needs to hand out some serious drugs to some people.

What do we get?. "Is it o.k. to import guns?".

"Gun laws in Thailand?".

Stick site, "can I import a flak jacket?".

Now the taser question!.

Wow!.

"Group of gangsters about to beat me up". Yuk-yuk-yuk. :D

Sunshine - a taser is a one shot thing. I am sure said gangsters would get a bit miffed about one of their mates having a spastic attack because of your actions.

See in dictionary under sub heading, "BIG MACHETE".

How about you just get on with the locals?. :o

• Thanks 1

Do you really care in that situation if it's legal or not if you have a stun gun in your hand?

Legal or not, I have brought one from overseas (Japan) in checked baggage and had no problem clearing (or simply passing through the) customs at Don Muang. It no longer works now and I since live in a better-than-average security condominium but there was a burglar in my condo last year in which a Japanese couple had their laptop, cash and cell phone stolen in their sleep so I'm now looking for someone who can get it fixed.

:o

Do you really care in that situation if it's legal or not if you have a stun gun in your hand?

Legal or not, I have brought one from overseas (Japan) in checked baggage and had no problem clearing (or simply passing through the) customs at Don Muang. It no longer works now and I since live in a better-than-average security condominium but there was a burglar in my condo last year in which a Japanese couple had their laptop, cash and cell phone stolen in their sleep so I'm now looking for someone who can get it fixed.

P.S. Buy a battery charger.

What is this weapons thing about Thailand these days?. Why do people ask these daft questions?.

Why do they pay good money to go to a country then ask idiotic questions?.

I can just imagine the reaction that I would get if off to the USA that I ask the question, "Where can I buy a .44 and can I take it through customs?"

After all every U.S. t.v. show that I have ever seen (Simpsons excluded) seems to involve people shooting each other................ <deleted> - get a life!.

Really, can T.V. open a kindergarten forum for these clowns?.

Thailand is safe- if you speek nice wot most peeples do. TIT. (The quoted poster not the country.)

<deleted>? :o

surrounded by a group of gangsters about to beat you up? what makes you think thats going to happen mr optimism personified? :D

Edited by game4shame

Tasers are classified as non lethal weapons in Thailand and hence can be kept in home or car for self protection. They are illegal to be carried in the streets, but as Nordlys says most people don't care if it's legal or not. It is not classed as a serious offence. The only problem you would have is if you actually killed someone, which is happening more and more in the States. :o

What are you doing and where do you live that you think this is necessary??

Thailand is not the same as New York!! :o

"Gun laws in Thailand?".

Now the taser question!.

Wow!.

Sunshine - a taser is a one shot thing. I am sure said gangsters would get a bit miffed about one of their mates having a spastic attack because of your actions.

I am used to clean the street with my uzi before I leave my house, better safe than sorry. There are far to many foreigners in Thailand, actually the streets are full of asians.........

(before someone writes a serious answer, it is meant cynical)

Edited by h90

What are you doing and where do you live that you think this is necessary??

Thailand is not the same as New York!! :o

I had a friend who live in Bkk and kept getting attacked by dogs in his soi. He got a taser, used it a couple of times and now the dogs run away from him.

• 12 years later...
On 4/4/2006 at 10:49 AM, Dragonman said:

Tasers are classified as non lethal weapons in Thailand and hence can be kept in home or car for self protection. They are illegal to be carried in the streets, but as Nordlys says most people don't care if it's legal or not. It is not classed as a serious offence. The only problem you would have is if you actually killed someone, which is happening more and more in the States. :o

wow, it's rare to come across a normal reply to a normal question on TV.

On 4/3/2006 at 10:23 PM, saeb said:

"Gun laws in Thailand?".

Now the taser question!.

Wow!.

Thank you! These threads are ridiculous and there are plenty of them ranging from can I buy a knife, nun-chaku, knuckle dusters right up to semi auto pistols and how can I use them on someone. Fycks sake it's pathetic. I might start a thread tomorrow is it ok to punch seven shades of shit out of someone if they look at me funny.

Stun guns are available on lazada- that in itself would suggest that they are not illegal. As for carrying one around in public- are you nuts! A lot of them are underpowered and will not 'stun'- just make that irate person and his chums more irate and increase the level of a kicking.

Get yourself a decent pair of sneakers instead and practice wind sprints.

Edited by Psimbo