Phuket to Phi Phi - need info please

bangkokburning

Which ferries from which piers are running from Phuket to PhiPhi

Do they all leave from the standard piers?

Where do the ferries drop on Phi Phi, Ton Sai? Issues going to land?

Price about B500-600 with 400 return? I read buying at pier price is 600 non negotiable (monopoly) and cheaper in bus terminal 550 incl transfer.

Names of two best speedboat operators and where they depart, price.

Where do they put in on PP Don?

==================================

Best option for cheap trip to PP Ley (one way)

Best option for cheap trip to Bamboo/Mai Pai (one way)

Sppedboat operator that runs:

PP Ley > PP Don > Bamboo

or

Bamboo > PP Ley > PP Don

Anyone aware of camping option on PP Don?

How many minutes to Khuraburi and what are earliest minivans?

What is latest minivan/bus to Khao Lak?

There's one new excellent speed boat operator with PP day trips. Don't remember the name. Price is 3300, not cheap but quality. Good boats, knowledgable guides, responsible captains and management. I know, it sounds unbelievable :-) Visit Mosquito, Bamboo, PP Leh (Maya without anyone else on the beach!), PP Don.

and then there's Simba, also excellent at 3600 pp.

Both take max. 15 pax in a 20 pax boat not 45 in a 35 boat and no need to pray to your god to let you survive ;-)

• Like 2

Best advice: Don't bother with it. Second best advice: Don't stay there. It's such a dump now, and for more expense and less vibrancy compared to Phuket.

In low season... Restaurants are closed by 10pm and many bars do not even open (if your looking for nightlife). It's probably very appealing to chill out on PhiPhi Don if you're a Hippy, some people smoke quite openly there but it's a pretty sad set up.

If you really really must visit PhiPhi - Pop over during the day by ferry from Rassada Pier, also spelt Ratsada Pier in some searches. There's plenty of parking and it's easy to get there by renting a scooter.

As above... Tons of info listed online and plenty of speedboat operators to choose from. You can buy some cheap packages on PhiPhi Don to do a boat tour of the main attractions but you will be squeezed for time to do it on a day trip.

The islands are pretty run down. If you go in high seasons be prepared to find hundreds of tourists wondering around and ruining any decent photo opportunites.

Why don't you book a standard day tour on a good quality boat. All the best views are from the ocean looking at the PhiPhi's. That I do highly recommend but it depends on your budget.

Bottom pics are from the crap tour. My good tour and pics are too special for TVisa sorry.

Fefe.

post-166392-0-43509500-1372796005_thumb.

post-166392-0-96905100-1372796042_thumb.

Honestly, I have been in Asia 20 years and never stepped foot. Im way ahead of all.you - my antithesis of fun and nature.

Im totally removed from.this nonsense, doing notbing but camping for almost a decade.

Im doing a blog and I feel.important to include because no matter how you tell people its shit - they still have to go, right?

While I appreciate the critque of both me and the island - Im looking for some precise info.

It is a very special and unique travel blog, not the typical copy paste travel crap.

I will have to do this myself unfortunately, but I am trying to get a lot of the copy writing out of the way.

Anyone have any info to pass on in regard to camping Bamboo, Mayha and PP Don (base)? Internet turns up only paid overnights and links to companies usually dead.

Would like to thank for what has been offered!! Also need info from Krabi.

PYFeFe - can I swipe that photo for my blog?

Edited by bangkokburning

So many questions asked that Google could probably answer for you or why not try using the search function on the forum.

These questions have been asked and answered thousands of times.

Because I am looking for precise and accurate information. As detailed as I had asked. The Internet is full of low quality and outdated information. Some of it will get you close enough, but its nit good enough for me. 50000.pages of crap and ads.

Another reason is that if I get correlated information from the boatd to some websites, it makes the site info more valid.

I have obviously done some research, enough to ask the info above, but thx for snarky response Hans.

PS my blog, at least the focus here (PP) is by avoiding the crowds. Visiting the great spots at sunrise, taking alternative transport or parasiting along on a one way longtail and sleeping on.pp leh and bamboo. Visiting great spots away grom the tourist areas mid day. The trick tovisiting these eco disasters is getting up early and enjoying - then get away and hide.

Of course staying on PP intolerable and basically, want to eat a simple meal, down to beach or in my hammock, have some drinks and gooood night

• Like 1

So many questions asked that Google could probably answer for you or why not try using the search function on the forum.

These questions have been asked and answered thousands of times.

Because I am looking for precise and accurate information. As detailed as I had asked. The Internet is full of low quality and outdated information. Some of it will get you close enough, but its nit good enough for me. 50000.pages of crap and ads.

Another reason is that if I get correlated information from the boatd to some websites, it makes the site info more valid.

I have obviously done some research, enough to ask the info above, but thx for snarky response Hans.

JUdging from your questions you have done no research so far.

• Like 1