Thai toddler in coma after 'brutal treatment' by stepfather

webfact

Let's hope the baby recovers and gets justice.

If the girl is 15 now and the baby is 2 months old she must have been no more than 14 when she married her first husband. I don't know much about this but is that legal?

No but it does'nt matter much here. Doesn't say much about her parents does it. ?

• Like 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where I come from going to prison for any offence against a child is hazardous to health. Hope it's the same here, if he ever goes inside that is as dad's influence and money may be of valuable assistance.

Raped little girls, abused babies, sick pedophiles, and parents / officials who doesn't give a shit. (As long as someone has paid in cash!)

Just another day in Thailand. wai2.gif Mai pen rai!

Edited by ricku

Raped little girls, abused babies, sick pedophiles, and parents / officials who doesn't give a shit. (As long as someone has paid in cash!)

Just another day in Thailand. Posted Image Mai pen rai!

Wen you can tell me of a place on earth that doesn't have these sorts of problems, please let us know! These types of stories are promote on TV because they attract readers and sell clicks.

Ummm..........the son of a senior police officer.

Is that the reason why the writer didn't call him PEDOPHILE?

Poor, poor baby........

A pedophile is someone into pre-pubescent children. She has already laid a baby, so does not fit the definition.
  • Like 2

Ummm..........the son of a senior police officer.

Is that the reason why the writer didn't call him PEDOPHILE?

Poor, poor baby........

Probably not. It may not be a word that's used here a lot. A paedophile is someone who is attracted to prepubescent children. They don't have to actually have sex or even touch the child so an interest is enough. As she's had a child then it can't be called that but I doubt that was the reason either. Still a terrible thing to happen of course whatever it's called.

• Like 1

Wen you can tell me of a place on earth that doesn't have these sorts of problems, please let us know! These types of stories are promote on TV because they attract readers and sell clicks.

I was going to say that this thread was refreshingly devoid of any 'Thaier-than-Thai, Thai culture apologists.

Why is it that the 'Thais-can-do-no-wrong' crowd all have usernames like 'AndyinBkk' or 'GarryloveThai'?

Anyway, to answer your question, yes many places on Earth "have these sorts of problems" but more often than not, in civilized countries anyway, the perpetrators are held to account. Their 'influence', or even a token monetary payment, doesn't enable them to escape justice.

Some people here don't understand that Thailand and Thai culture isn't criticized because posters on this forum hate Thailand and Thai people. Quite the opposite in fact.

• Like 1

I was going to say that this thread was refreshingly devoid of any 'Thaier-than-Thai, Thai culture apologists.

Why is it that the 'Thais-can-do-no-wrong' crowd all have usernames like 'AndyinBkk' or 'GarryloveThai'?

Anyway, to answer your question, yes many places on Earth "have these sorts of problems" but more often than not, in civilized countries anyway, the perpetrators are held to account. Their 'influence', or even a token monetary payment, doesn't enable them to escape justice.

Some people here don't understand that Thailand and Thai culture isn't criticized because posters on this forum hate Thailand and Thai people. Quite the opposite in fact.

We can all agree that it is a horrible situation, and I wish that justice was easier to find. But when the likes of you use every negative post you can find about Thailand to make it sound like that kind of stuff only happens here, I tend to wonder where you are hanging out and why you have become so embittered with Thailand. I'm not making apologies, just pointing out that you make it sound that Thailand is unique in the world in its violence and corruption.

As well, if you don't think that high and mighty aren't protected in more developed countries, and that nobody gets away with corruption, well, hold on to those rose colored glasses as tight as you can!

• Like 1

We can all agree that it is a horrible situation, and I wish that justice was easier to find. But when the likes of you use every negative post you can find about Thailand to make it sound like that kind of stuff only happens here, I tend to wonder where you are hanging out and why you have become so embittered with Thailand. I'm not making apologies, just pointing out that you make it sound that Thailand is unique in the world in its violence and corruption.

As well, if you don't think that high and mighty aren't protected in more developed countries, and that nobody gets away with corruption, well, hold on to those rose colored glasses as tight as you can!

Who's trying "to make it sound like that kind of stuff only happens here"?

Who's "become so embittered with Thailand"?

Who's making "it sound that Thailand is unique in the world in its violence and corruption"?

And who said in more developed countries "that nobody gets away with corruption"?

Your lack of reading comprehension is astounding!

I think most of this is just in your mind or invented to support your weak arguments.

I think they are using the word marriage rather loosely here.

Yes it would appear so. My wife seems to think 20 is the minimum age for marriage. Not sure if that's right but I'm not going to argue as she's doing the cooking and will probably have a meat cleaver in her hand.

14 years old here in Isaan if the husband has the proper funds. Monks also attend the ceremony and give their blessings.

They are not giving their approval to the ceremony...merely chanting auspicious chants. Buddhist monks have nothing to do with civil ceremonies.

Let's hope the baby recovers and gets justice.

If the girl is 15 now and the baby is 2 months old she must have been no more than 14 when she married her first husband. I don't know much about this but is that legal?

It is in this country. See what the administrators of the slave trade commissions around the world think of Thailand.

As what they do the words: brother, sister and friend (in Thai of course).

Whatever, who ever or where ever........the toddler may be disabled for life. Poor thing.

I hope the PM speaks out on women's rights, and zero tolerance for child abuse and violence. Oh and just in case you guys don't realise it, a 14 yo or 15 yo girl is a CHILD !!!! Disgusting !

TEEN

Fourteen, fifteen..

I do not think that to be true.

Money will not buy your way out of

Murder

Rape

Paedophila

Breaking immigration rules

Drugs

Theft

Violence

Lese majeste

(perhaps not exhaustive list)

And yes, many other (generally victimless) offences are can be subject to negotiation ...

Let`s not give Thailand a worse flavor than it already has...

Edited by Andre0720

It does happen elsewhere but of course the apparent lack of laws against sex with very young girls makes it more likely to happen.

It's also true that people with money and position sometimes get away with crimes but not always to the extent here. In many countries being the son of a policeman or having 'connections' might make things worse as any person dealing with the case will be aware that any perceived leniency could open them up to criticism so there's always the temptation to lean more towards a stronger handling of the case to avoid later problems.

Murder

Rape

Paedophila

Drugs

Theft

Violence

Lese majeste

And yes, many other (generally victimless) offences are can be subject to negotiation ...

Let`s not give Thailand a worse flavor than it already has...

a real case in southern Thailand - son of a businessman and he killed another guy. he was arrested in the police detention. evening, his businessman father arrived with 850k baht and went home with the son.

months later, he deal with drug, and that usual cash-in-hand not function. he is in jail.

hmm . . . Thai has a different list !

Assuming the guy is guilty, will be interested to see how this goes what with all this anti corruption talk from the thai government today.

Dont hold your breath!

In an individual case like this I doubt the government can do much as it will be in the hands of the court. They could however make sure the laws and legal framework work in a way that avoids as much as possible the double standards we sometimes see.

Firstly the decision to prosecute should be down to the standard of evidence in the case as this will avoid victims and their relatives being put under pressure to drop a case with life changing amounts of money. Any compensation should be decided by the court after the verdict and as part of the sentencing.

There are many other countries who use methods to stop this type of problem including the issue of police influence. This usually involves strict punishments that are more than just being moved to an 'inactive post'. They will never be 100% effective but they certainly work better than here.

I think we'll be not holding our breath together.

What a useless piece of shit! Lock him up and throw away the key!!bah.gifbah.gif

That's assuming he's guilty of course. I'm not saying I don't believe the girl but she's had 2 husbands and a baby and she's only 15. It's not impossible that the 2 marriages were because her situation isn't good and they were a desperate measure for survival. In that case a false accusation is always possible although whether the son of a senior policeman is a good target is another matter.

Ohhh here we go!! Another one of these innocent until proven gulity. I am sorry but this story is darn right distrubing. No matter what you think, a poor little baby is the victim of another stupid idiots actions, oh and his daddy will try and get him out of it. This is a child here and all you can say it she said this and she done that.

Where you there? No really?? This is a scared young mother and now a very sick young baby, so why dont go think of them next time. Sad sad story indeed and a total mindless remark from you. Anyone with kids here will understand and you, well...........

Wishing for you little one.

Kimamey wasn't there ,,,,,,,,,,, and neither were you.

We all become outraged at the scum who committ these horrendous outrages on young children. I would quite happily tie the noose and pull the drop lever on them all - male or female.

However, I would expect them to be formally convicted by a court of law with appropriate sentence passed first. Not jump into some vigilante stirred up by hatred action.

You, or anyone here doesn't have the full facts. You don't know if the young woman is a pathological liar who has made up this story to cover her own criminal behaviour; or if the is the witness to a brutal act from a drunken bully. Have you read any social background reports or any report from the investigating officers? Do you always believe what one person says when they accuse another? Do you have some innate ability to know the true facts before anyone else?

Why not think before you post? Or would you like to live in a society where mob justice rules and accusations are never false?

• Like 2

I'm sure he will be sorry when he sobers up. Everyone wants to kick his

@$$, but later in life when he needs family he may not have the respect and love he does't know he needs. I hope there is a happy ending because they are so young. Even the worst of us need a break.

What a useless piece of shit! Lock him up and throw away the key!!bah.gifbah.gif

That's assuming he's guilty of course. I'm not saying I don't believe the girl but she's had 2 husbands and a baby and she's only 15. It's not impossible that the 2 marriages were because her situation isn't good and they were a desperate measure for survival. In that case a false accusation is always possible although whether the son of a senior policeman is a good target is another matter.

I've just heard a slightly different version of this story from my wife. The girl hasn't been married to either of these men but she was living with the first one and was happy. When she was about 6months pregnant the second guy came and took her.

I don't know how much of this is true but it does give a slightly different view.

There are no circumstances that justify abusing a child like this. None!

As what they do the words: brother, sister and friend (in Thai of course).

Whatever, who ever or where ever........the toddler may be disabled for life. Poor thing.

Temple wedding, married in the same sense the PM is.

Murder

Rape

Paedophila

Drugs

Theft

Violence

Lese majeste

You must be in another Thailand on another planet.

The only thing on that list that you can't buy your way out of, is the lèse majesté.

At least you got one thing right.

Edited by ricku
  • Like 1

I've just heard a slightly different version of this story from my wife. The girl hasn't been married to either of these men but she was living with the first one and was happy. When she was about 6months pregnant the second guy came and took her.

I don't know how much of this is true but it does give a slightly different view.

There are no circumstances that justify abusing a child like this. None!

I think you've misunderstood my post. I'm not suggesting that anything excuses abuse only that the allegations may not be true and that there seem to be different versions of this story.

My wife heard it on the TV and read about it in the Thai language papers. Their version is even more disturbing if it's true. Has anybody else heard this?

The only thing we know for sure is that the child has been seriously injured. Let's hope for his recovery.

Ohhh here we go!! Another one of these innocent until proven gulity. I am sorry but this story is darn right distrubing. No matter what you think, a poor little baby is the victim of another stupid idiots actions, oh and his daddy will try and get him out of it. This is a child here and all you can say it she said this and she done that.

Where you there? No really?? This is a scared young mother and now a very sick young baby, so why dont go think of them next time. Sad sad story indeed and a total mindless remark from you. Anyone with kids here will understand and you, well...........

Wishing for you little one.

Kimamey wasn't there ,,,,,,,,,,, and neither were you.

We all become outraged at the scum who committ these horrendous outrages on young children. I would quite happily tie the noose and pull the drop lever on them all - male or female.

However, I would expect them to be formally convicted by a court of law with appropriate sentence passed first. Not jump into some vigilante stirred up by hatred action.

You, or anyone here doesn't have the full facts. You don't know if the young woman is a pathological liar who has made up this story to cover her own criminal behaviour; or if the is the witness to a brutal act from a drunken bully. Have you read any social background reports or any report from the investigating officers? Do you always believe what one person says when they accuse another? Do you have some innate ability to know the true facts before anyone else?

Why not think before you post? Or would you like to live in a society where mob justice rules and accusations are never false?

Thanks for the support.

I expected to get some criticism but I must admit I was surprised that I got 2 from the same person and extremely aggressive and insulting. Not that it worries me at all.

As I mentioned in another post their seem to be different versions of this story. The one in the Thai press says he just took her from her first husband which is an even more horrific story if true. I haven't seen anyone confirm this though.

Either way it won't help the boy much who looks to be in a pretty bad way.

It will be interesting to see if LotusBoy comes on again but I won't be surprised if he doesn't. Maybe he was having a bad day.

Edited by kimamey