Nattawut speaks out on photo showing him in 'feudal' manner

webfact

Is this not a common aspect of Thai culture with subordinates showing deference, sometime excessively, to senior people.

i have deliberately avoided using the word " superior ' because I detest it and how it's used in respect of people, I am superior to no one and no one is superior to me.

I beg to differ on this superiority thing.

I think I am superior to the Yorkshire ripper and Gareth Bale is superior to me as long as he keeps on knocking the goals in for 'the mighty Spurs'!!!

COYS....lol

Is this not a common aspect of Thai culture with subordinates showing deference, sometime excessively, to senior people.

i have deliberately avoided using the word " superior ' because I detest it and how it's used in respect of people, I am superior to no one and no one is superior to me.

It is, indeed, rude in Thailand to stand 'over' someone. Thai people crouch when walking past people engaged in conversation, etc. In the photo, it is clearly more comfortable to squat than crouch as the discussion might be a prolonged one.

• Like 1

At least they are not under the table.

That was in the video which can be seen on YouTube later today . . . featuring a katoey, a rich monk, a scary ghost and a big fat funny gay guy . . . oh, and the jealous, psychotic mistress . . . think that covers it all . . .

You forgot the nasty bitch mother, the silent but powerful father (highly respected as he hardly talks), and the cowering maids....

It is very common for Thai people to try to be inconspicuous. Since he is seated at the table, at a meeting, and these two women are, most likely, not part of the meeting, they are politely keeping out of the mix.

Trying to brand this as keeping the help down is really pathetic.

• Like 1

This whole story is a "[blatant] retching attempt ... at bashing Nattawut. Give it a rest.

The guy, as all politicians, is a scumbag. But, this "story" is BS.

The whole Thai political debate is basically down to everyone shouting "poo poo head - caca face!"

Edited by Curt1591

"Feudalistic" is still the best way to describe politics and its players in Thailand, unfortunately.

It is still the old Kow Tow system of showing obeisant deference to those with greater power, money, age.

Age I have no problem with, but the Power Money thing drives the amoral to get more of both and create greater deference to themselves by others. This is the root cause of the Thai political systems idiocies.

Give a demagogue a little power and he always goes for more,

and falls back on the social constructs that made him a demagogue in the first place.

I do love this line.

"seemed to suggest that Mr. Nattawut renegades on his Redshirts agenda."

he is RENEGING on being a proper renegade!