Has the Olde Bell reopened or is there a new one?

elektrified

OK, so where's the Tuesday quiz being held? biggrin.png

Archers smile.png

Cheers - time?

Is it still doing Sunday roast lunches and does it still get packed?

7.45pm for 8pm

Yes, some weeks.

Yes what, it gets packed or it still does a very good Sunday roast dinner?

Edited by uptheos

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If i was Andrew i would drop the old bell bit on the sign and put the name of your restaurant on it. + the British legion thing is not right to show as you are not a part of the British legion. Its kamala guest house who the British legion are associated with now. (Just Advice) smile.png

why? An earlier post reported he had a record number of people in for Sunday roast... And it appears for no other reason that he put the old "old bell" sign out front.

It would actually seem putting the restaurant name on the sign at this point is a bad idea.

Maybe just more "marketing" with not only the sign and promotions. When I went to Sunday Brunch they said it was a good day and I asked how many served and was told 6 people, so a record day might be true but I'm not buying anything here, figuratively and literally.

He had 20 people served by close of dinner ( 3 pm ) this Sunday just gone .

If i was Andrew i would drop the old bell bit on the sign and put the name of your restaurant on it. + the British legion thing is not right to show as you are not a part of the British legion. Its kamala guest house who the British legion are associated with now. (Just Advice) smile.png

why? An earlier post reported he had a record number of people in for Sunday roast... And it appears for no other reason that he put the old "old bell" sign out front.

It would actually seem putting the restaurant name on the sign at this point is a bad idea.

Maybe just more "marketing" with not only the sign and promotions. When I went to Sunday Brunch they said it was a good day and I asked how many served and was told 6 people, so a record day might be true but I'm not buying anything here, figuratively and literally.

So how would you rate the food?

So how would you rate the food?

The food was excellent as usual last Sunday .

Edited by anto

Thanks for answering for methumbsup.gif and especially for making the effort to make it the fourth post after you said you've said enough already. My Sunday Roast was poor and that it was sitting out and still being sold hours after the 3 pm end couldn't have helped. And to quote you Anto "Proving that any publicity is good ,i can report that Andrews had a record number of people for Sunday roast today ." I wonder why you keep publicizing .. I mean posting about this place?

Thanks for answering for methumbsup.gif and especially for making the effort to make it the fourth post after you said you've said enough already. My Sunday Roast was poor and that it was sitting out and still being sold hours after the 3 pm end couldn't have helped. And to quote you Anto "Proving that any publicity is good ,i can report that Andrews had a record number of people for Sunday roast today ." I wonder why you keep publicizing .. I mean posting about this place?

see post #81

Your talking about a previous week then as last Sunday all the meat had gone at 3 pm .Also all the food is covered including the soup .If you were insulted by Tony get over it ,but dont make things up about the food which are untrue .

see post #81

Better to look at post #76 ,if you want the truth .

Brings to mind the old prison joke...

In the prison they had a numbered list of 100 jokes......and all the prisoners knew them all....... so at lights out and joke telling time came around, rather than go through all the jokes , when a prisoner wanted to tell a joke he would just shout out the number and all the rest on the block would then laugh.....

In the prison they had a numbered list of 100 jokes......and all the prisoners knew them all....... so at lights out and joke telling time came around, rather than go through all the jokes , when a prisoner wanted to tell a joke he would just shout out the number and all the rest on the block would then laugh.....

Does The Pun Pun have a Sunday Roast Dinner G?

Your talking about a previous week then as last Sunday all the meat had gone at 3 pm .Also all the food is covered including the soup .If you were insulted by Tony get over it ,but dont make things up about the food which are untrue .

To clarify my post went up about me going to Sunday Roast before yesterday. Also things that are covered but below 140 degree are what is considered the danger zone where bacteria grow. So warm food that is covered and allowed to fester is not good. I didn't take the temp of any of the food nor know how long it was standing but food in hotel pans usually can not be kept in a safe environment so no more than 2 hrs is recommended. But I was just saying it had probably been out for while which can not help the quality, covered or not. Anyways about being insulted that's my choice and I decided not to return and also I am truthful in everything I have said. But I have nothing major against the place or anybody there and since I feel this is getting personal, or at least some are trying to make it that way, I have really said more than necessary to make my feelings, just one of many who are posting here, known. I hope you and all the other customers who like it enjoy yourselves there and I wish Tony all the best with his business, health, and happiness.

• Like 1

Thanks for answering for me:thumbsup: and especially for making the effort to make it the fourth post after you said you've said enough already. My Sunday Roast was poor and that it was sitting out and still being sold hours after the 3 pm end couldn't have helped. And to quote you Anto "Proving that any publicity is good ,i can report that Andrews had a record number of people for Sunday roast today ." I wonder why you keep publicizing .. I mean posting about this place?

To clarify my post went up about me going to Sunday Roast before yesterday. Also things that are covered but below 140 degree are what is considered the danger zone where bacteria grow. So warm food that is covered and allowed to fester is not good. I didn't take the temp of any of the food nor know how long it was standing but food in hotel pans usually can not be kept in a safe environment so no more than 2 hrs is recommended. But I was just saying it had probably been out for while which can not help the quality, covered or not. Anyways about being insulted that's my choice and I decided not to return and also I am truthful in everything I have said. But I have nothing major against the place or anybody there and since I feel this is getting personal, or at least some are trying to make it that way, I have really said more than necessary to make my feelings, just one of many who are posting here, known. I hope you and all the other customers who like it enjoy yourselves there and I wish Tony all the best with his business, health, and happiness.

I'm wondering how he knew that the owner insulted you. Did it cause such a big scene that the other customers noticed it, or is it just that the owner so commonly insults customers that it's a fair bet that it happened in your case too?

Edited by AngelsLariat

And farangs moan about motorcycles taking up the sidewalk.biggrin.png

I presume the owner is going to do the right thing and hang it up eventually?

With luck the Tessabahn will pick it up for not paying sign tax and bin it.

As a wheelchair user I have no respect for footpath trespassers.

• Like 2

Does The Pun Pun have a Sunday Roast Dinner G?

Thanks for asking Up, but sorry to say, not at this time......but don't close the door on that thought. I do get many and varied inspirations from time to time.wai2.gif

And farangs moan about motorcycles taking up the sidewalk.biggrin.png

I presume the owner is going to do the right thing and hang it up eventually?

After removing the RBL wording I would hope. It will only confuse people.

Edited by fcgprg

>>I'm wondering how he knew that the owner insulted you.<<

He said so himself already .Please pay attention ..

I went past your bar yesterday around 5pm and it was closed. What time do you open?

Think he opens mostly just evenings ,except Sat and Sun ,when he opens earlier .There is a bottle shop right next door if your desperate for a beer .

ANTO , you best exercise some caution, First thing you know someone will be checking you for a Work Permit for your career in advertising and public relations work.

tongue.png

he ,he ,5,5,5 , LMFOFF,you are a hairy one but i like you 5,5,5 rolling about the floor laughing he ,he !!!!

ANTO , you best exercise some caution, First thing you know someone will be checking you for a Work Permit for your career in advertising and public relations work.

tongue.png

he ,he ,5,5,5 , LMFOFF,you are a hairy one but i like you 5,5,5 rolling about the floor laughing he ,he !!!!

Is this this establishment with which you have no association open for lunch on weekdays?

tongue.png

Is this this establishment with which you have no association open for lunch on weekdays?

Are you just thick or what ? ,look at post 111 .Poor old Tony has a lot of knob heads to put up with if his customers are anything like the kind of people on this forum .

Edited by anto
  • Like 1

I am out of this conversation .I may as well be taking to my plants in the garden .

It is what this forum has become -go elsewhere and eventually the mods will have to respond based on dwindling numbers

• Like 1

I am out of this conversation .I may as well be taking to my plants in the garden .

It is what this forum has become -go elsewhere and eventually the mods will have to respond based on dwindling numbers

Nah, I think they too enjoy just taking care of the core group of loons in the asylum. Not sure they'd want it any other way. smile.png

New posters can get crappy treatment from anyone, especially if they haven't memorized the rules from A to Z on day one. Or are just new and unfamiliar; the default is 'potentially suspect' and that's an attitude from most members here, making it such a cliquey place.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

tongue.png

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif You don't know how funny that is...... I'm rolling around the floor too rolleyes.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

I don't think anyone who knew the Olde Bell thinks that this place is even remotely anything to do with Pedr, so if he was busy it is more likely to be because people who were unaware of this bar now know about it because of it being mentioned here. If he is hard- skinned enough he may want to consider advertising here, but so long as it's free, I'd stick with that.

this thread introduced me to this bar ,only a couple of miles from my house will try it now for sure ..