Has the Olde Bell reopened or is there a new one?

elektrified

While driving on a road today I don't frequent too often and I don't know what it's called but it's in Sansai, I couldn't help but notice that on the left side is a bar with an "Olde Bell" sign out front. I didn't even think there were any farang bars in the area. The road I am talking about is if you turn right at the Tesco Lotus mini mart from the Mae Rim Doi Saket Road (going in the direction of Doi Saket) and it takes you in the direction of Kaeo Narawat if that makes sense.

So, has it re-opened or did someone jump on the name in what - 3 days?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

re

waiting for dave2 to return with some photographic evidence.

dont wait for me coz i got another one year visa last friday so im busy moving 150 thousand baht a day to four other banks

so i wont be going to sansai or sausage kings for breakfast this week sad.png

dave2

post-42592-0-16377400-1372856746_thumb.j

post-42592-0-47100300-1372856779_thumb.j

Maybe someone bought the sign at the closing sale.

Yes Tony the owner of Andrews bar bought the sign along with the massive big pole .He must not have had time to take off the old bell sign yet .

Every other pub in village England used to be called the Old(e) Bell. Now I am not so sure, but one wouldn't want Limeys, especially the elderly in their Thai diaspora, to worry too much about finding a little bit of home !! And if there were a decent bitter, then there'd really be something to search out. The young ones seem to be internationally infamous for bingeing at home and abroad. There're into the Old(e) Bell. Poor, poor form! biggrin.png

Edited by Mapguy

re

dont wait for me coz i got another one year visa last friday so im busy moving 150 thousand baht a day to four other banks

dave2

Huh? ermm.gif

• Like 1

re

dave2

You wouldn't be working with a jet-setting holy man would you????? 150,000 !!! Man your photos are GOOD ! thumbsup.gif

Edited by Gonzo the Face

re

dave2

You wouldn't be working with a jet-setting holy man would you????? 150,000 !!! Man your photos are GOOD ! thumbsup.gif

I just want his filing system....he can actually find his photos.

• Like 1

I live near by and took this photo today .

IMG_2213.JPG

Indeed that was the sign that I saw. Driving by I didn't see any other signs as the Olde Bell sign is so prominent. Didn't know there were any farang bars in the area. That must be the only one?

IMG_2213.JPG

Indeed that was the sign that I saw. Driving by I didn't see any other signs as the Olde Bell sign is so prominent. Didn't know there were any farang bars in the area. That must be the only one?

There is also the Bamboo bar ,about 2 km from there .

• Like 1

IMG_2213.JPG

Looks like a shrewd purchase if it catches people's eye whilst driving. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

IMG_2213.JPG

Looks like a shrewd purchase if it catches people's eye whilst driving. thumbsup.gif

Not for customers who dislike the British though.

• Like 1

IMG_2213.JPG

Not for customers who dislike the British though.

Who dislikes the British?

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 2

Every other pub in village England used to be called the Old(e) Bell. Now I am not so sure, but one wouldn't want Limeys, especially the elderly in their Thai diaspora, to worry too much about finding a little bit of home !! And if there were a decent bitter, then there'd really be something to search out. The young ones seem to be internationally infamous for bingeing at home and abroad. There're into the Old(e) Bell. Poor, poor form! :D

According to my extensive research (2 minutes on google) The Bell was a reference to church bells and although I don't recall ever drinking in a Bell pub, it does appear to be the 9th most common pub name in England, the most popular name being the Red Lion.

Every other pub in village England used to be called the Old(e) Bell. Now I am not so sure, but one wouldn't want Limeys, especially the elderly in their Thai diaspora, to worry too much about finding a little bit of home !! And if there were a decent bitter, then there'd really be something to search out. The young ones seem to be internationally infamous for bingeing at home and abroad. There're into the Old(e) Bell. Poor, poor form! biggrin.png

According to my extensive research (2 minutes on google) The Bell was a reference to church bells and although I don't recall ever drinking in a Bell pub, it does appear to be the 9th most common pub name in England, the most popular name being the Red Lion.

you can only mention one of those here. sad.png

That's andrew's grill and bar. He sells defrosted readymeals fit for a hungry dog. Seriously junk but I know some who like it. PS: If you go there, do not order more than one item because the staff will be confused and will call the owner, who will also be confused. A prepared, printed, notarized proposal of your order is recommended.

2eb8v0m.jpg

Edited by justben
  • Like 1

Every other pub in village England used to be called the Old(e) Bell. Now I am not so sure, but one wouldn't want Limeys, especially the elderly in their Thai diaspora, to worry too much about finding a little bit of home !! And if there were a decent bitter, then there'd really be something to search out. The young ones seem to be internationally infamous for bingeing at home and abroad. There're into the Old(e) Bell. Poor, poor form! :D

you can only mention one of those here. :(

They only dropped their ad 4 days ago and now you can't even mention them? Surely not.

Who dislikes the British?

I’m half English, half American, a Yanker.

My problem is that my American half hates the Brits, and my English half hates the Yanks, but my psychiatrist has assured me if I keep taking the green tablets the symptoms will decrease over time.

• Like 1

That's andrew's grill and bar. He sells defrosted readymeals fit for a hungry dog. Seriously junk but I know some who like it. PS: If you go there, do not order more than one item because the staff will be confused and will call the owner, who will also be confused. A prepared, printed, notarized proposal of your order is recommended.

2eb8v0m.jpg

Have only had the Sunday roast at Andrews which was delecious ,and great value at B190 .The Staff !! ,there is only one apart from Tony the owner ,and she speaks good English .Maybe its you accent that makes you hard to be understood?

2eb8v0m.jpg

Have only had the Sunday roast at Andrews which was delecious ,and great value at B190 .The Staff !! ,there is only one apart from Tony the owner ,and she speaks good English .Maybe its you accent that makes you hard to be understood?

Be prepared to be deceived not only by the sign. I have had promotions of there's not honored by them (they charged me the for free 2nd glass of wine, a promotion posted on the wall, and told me they'll give it to me the next time and the next time was told the again next time). The owner was rude, bitched a lot about staff etc. (not something I want to hear when going out for a relaxed meal) and insulted me for not coming in more often and other such lovely hospitable treatment. The Sunday Roast was poor and but the other food ok if you can take two servings of abuse with each serving of food.

Edited by junglechef
  • Like 1

2eb8v0m.jpg

Be prepared to be deceived not only by the sign. I have had promotions of there's not honored by them (they charged me the for free 2nd glass of wine, a promotion posted on the wall, and told me they'll give it to me the next time and the next time was told the again next time). The owner was rude, bitched a lot about staff etc. (not something I want to hear when going out for a relaxed meal) and insulted me for not coming in more often and other such lovely hospitable treatment. The Sunday Roast was poor and but the other food ok if you can take two servings of abuse with each serving of food.

The owner Tony is a real gent .What you are saying does not ring true to me .