Wimbledon 2013

Have to say ... this years Grand Slam (which is my favourite of the tour) has certainly been a surprise with who has qualified.

I do like Murray ... but I like to watch DelPotro more ...

I'd love to see Delpo go all the way, but he has the bum knee now.

• Like 1

Well as an English boy with a London home just half a mile from Wimbledon Centre Court and a fully paid up member of Wat Buddhapadipa in Callone Rd London SW19...

I think Djokovic could again be too strong.

I would like Murray to win....

BTW. I bumped into a nice lady a couple of years back in my local off licence. Turned out to be Mrs Robson, mother of Laura.

Nice lady. Big fan of Australian wine. I told her my second son in Sydney was building a home in the Hunter Valley.

I think this is Murrays year for a wimbledon slam. Having passed that tough test against Verdasco will do wonders for his confidence knowing he came back from the brink. Djorkvic hasn't really been tested.

I'll go for those two in the final and a close call with Murray winning. Home crowd and Lendl and Alex Ferguson in his corner should swing it

• Like 1

I think this is Murrays year for a wimbledon slam. Having passed that tough test against Verdasco will do wonders for his confidence knowing he came back from the brink. Djorkvic hasn't really been tested.

I'll go for those two in the final and a close call with Murray winning. Home crowd and Lendl and Alex Ferguson in his corner should swing it

I hope so....then the English might start cheering as well. Unless he drapes himself in blue and white of course! biggrin.png

I hope so....then the English might start cheering as well. Unless he drapes himself in blue and white of course! biggrin.png

You're about two years behind the times. he's very much the crowd favorite. Around about the time he grew from being a petulant brat to a decent bloke. I also think he's a very good advert for british sport

• Like 1

You're about two years behind the times. he's very much the crowd favorite. Around about the time he grew from being a petulant brat to a decent bloke. I also think he's a very good advert for british sport

He has a very good opportunity this year...Djokovic however is playing very well indeed.

How will he beat the number one?

I only caught the last set, after they closed the roof and turned on the lights, but I was impressed with Murray's game.

He seemed to have an attacking defensive game.

First serve percentage of 90% was exceptional.

As for Djokovic ... I really don't like the guy, so I'll be in Murray's corner for this match.

Go the Scot British player!

david,

you must remember, he,s only british if he wins,,lol,

if he loses he,ll be back to a jock,,lol

sorry smokie could resist,

ive been at the lads all nite,,,lol

jake

Your power plant aint too far away ya faggot muncher. I look forward to seeing the Saltire draped over his shoulders....trophy aloft...all over the front pages of the Daily Mail. laugh.png

• Like 2

I only caught the last set, after they closed the roof and turned on the lights, but I was impressed with Murray's game.

As for Djokovic ... I really don't like the guy, so I'll be in Murray's corner for this match.

A younger Murray could well have caved in under the pressure after losing the first set but he's become a very controlled disciplined player under Lendls guidance.

In the other semi that five setter must have taken its physical toll on Djorkovic, especially the way they were thumping the ball and the length of those rallies.

Murray in four!!

• Like 1

look, screw what that lanky moaning git gets up to.

i'm more interested in trying to get one last look up Sabine Lisicki's mini skirt tomorrow ! :D

Don't worry mate. There'll be plenty of coverage of Judy Murray.

A younger Murray could well have caved in under the pressure after losing the first set but he's become a very controlled disciplined player under Lendls guidance.

In the other semi that five setter must have taken its physical toll on Djorkovic, especially the way they were thumping the ball and the length of those rallies.

Murray in four!!

I didn't get a chance to watch the DelPotro/Djorkovic apart from watching 1/2 through the first set ... but I heard that it was a torrid affair.

Actually carmine, you touch on the one thing I forgot to mention ...

Just how much Murray has developed his mental toughness as he has matured as a Tennis Player ... thumbsup.gif

I just don't know if I'm staying up late to watch the game or off to bed early and up early to catch it on TV.

Even more then the Australian Open, I do like Wimbledon as it's played on grass and you have to change your game a little when you play on that surface.

Serve and volley (occasionally) is far more entertaining to watch (and play) then a baseline slug-fest which you often see on the hard courts.

That Del Potro/Djorkovic semi was phenomenal tennis. Average speed of ground shots 75mph and full of long rallies.

Murray was already right up there with the fittest of the tour and will be a lot less fatigued. The only real weakness is the second serve if his first goes off the boil.

That Del Potro/Djorkovic semi was phenomenal tennis. Average speed of ground shots 75mph and full of long rallies.

Murray was already right up there with the fittest of the tour and will be a lot less fatigued. The only real weakness is the second serve if his first goes off the boil.

I agree.....and wasn't his first serve just awesome in the Semi Final?

Hard to see past Murray tomorrow!

William hill go 8/15 Djoko 6/4 Murray so if you have that much faith have a punt.

I might do if Bartoli wins this afternoon - it won't cost me anything.

biggrin.png

Edited by Chicog

BBC Sport rounded up a host of former Wimbledon champions, tennis experts and journalists to offer their predictions on who is going to win.

Of 16 people polled, 12 backed Murray, 3 said Djokovic would win and one found it too close to call.

What time is the final (in Thailand)? ANd is it on any of the Thai TV stations?

20.30 and I know it's on Fox Sports and Star sports not sure about terrestrial tv can't see it being on there if those pay TV channels have it.