night bus to bangkok

willfreeman

well my time here is coming to a close and its time to return to the not so green grass of home.

im looking at flights leaving bangkok anywhere from friday the 9th of august till monday the 12th of august.

there are two flights out either departing at 2pm or 5pm

therefore im after some info about a 'night bus' to bangkok ive heard mentioned here before.

does it leave from arket station? any idea on departure time/arrival time in bangkok? does it run every day of the week? where does it drop you in bangkok? and is it reliable? - the train ran considerably late when i came to chiang mai. Any other pertinent info regarding this service would be much appreciated thanks.

You can purchase your bus ticket at any Guest House or Travel Agency in Chaingmai. When you choose what flight time you want then choose the bus ticket that arrives in Bangkok at your desired time. It's basically up to you when you want to arrive in Bangkok(no shortage of buses or times). Or you can just go down to Arcade a day before to any ticket window and they'll sort you out same as above, there may be some marginal savings in this. It's reliable(barring any unforeseen circumstances) everyday and they'll tell you the drop off choices. Good luck, safe trip!

If you want to go to Bangkok by bus,at night, my advice would be to go with www.nakonchaiair.com located at the rear of the Arcade Bus Terminal. Not the cheapest but the safest and most reliable.Time table is on their web site and from memory buses leave around 9-10pm which gets you into Bangkok quite early next morning.

• Like 2

If you want to go to Bangkok by bus,at night, my advice would be to go with www.nakonchaiair.com located at the rear of the Arcade Bus Terminal. Not the cheapest but the safest and most reliable.Time table is on their web site and from memory buses leave around 9-10pm which gets you into Bangkok quite early next morning.

I can agree with that .The best coach service to Bangkok from Chiang Mai.

A third recommendation for Nakonchaiair here. A very safe and efficient service... never been late on one of their buses and often early!

The ones you book through the guesthouses are decrepit and there is a high chance of thievery whilst you sleep.

Edited by DaBloodyMess

A third recommendation for Nakonchaiair here. A very safe and efficient service... never been late on one of their buses and often early!

The ones you book through the guesthouses are decrepit and there is a high chance of thievery whilst you sleep.

+4

You can make a reservation over the telephone and pay for your ticket at 7-11.

Yep agree - been with these guys. Make sure you leave enough time to get to the airport though, the buses usually stop at Mo Chit (Mo Chit 2) - there is a mini bus or taxi (or short walk/local bus and BTS) - all take time to arrive. This was a while ago, so they may stop at the airport bus station now (there was talk about it previously) - in which case don't worry so much as there is a free terminal bus.

Other options might be flying to the old airport on Nok and travel on to Swampy. Or for early flights out of BKK (home) fly down the day before and stay in a cheap motel for the night.

If you go Nakon on arrival you can take taxi to Mochit BTS get off at Pyathai BTS and take airport link train might sound complicated but its dead easy and you will be out to the airport in less than 30 minutes, from Pyathai, done it twice cheap and quick.

You can purchase your bus ticket at any Guest House or Travel Agency in Chaingmai.

*DONT* do that. That will get you on the very dodgy and illegal 'backpacker express' where stuff often gets stolen from bags. (Assuming it still runs.. I haven't seen it in a while. But chances are they will find a way to sell you something dodgy.

Go to the bus station and buy a ticket. That will get you a proper, government regulated bus. Indeed is Nakhon Chai Air the best company, they have their own annexe behind the older Arcade building. Another company that's okay is Sombat Tour.

There are several departures every day starting from around 5pm pretty much every half hour until 9pm. The bus takes a little under 10 hours so don't leave too early or you get to Bangkok in the middle of the night. Buses go to Mor Chit, the Northern Bus terminal.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

You can purchase your bus ticket at any Guest House or Travel Agency in Chaingmai.

*DONT* do that. That will get you on the very dodgy and illegal 'backpacker express' where stuff often gets stolen from bags. (Assuming it still runs.. I haven't seen it in a while. But chances are they will find a way to sell you something dodgy.

Go to the bus station and buy a ticket. That will get you a proper, government regulated bus. Indeed is Nakhon Chai Air the best company, they have their own annexe behind the older Arcade building. Another company that's okay is Sombat Tour.

There are several departures every day starting from around 5pm pretty much every half hour until 9pm. The bus takes a little under 10 hours so don't leave too early or you get to Bangkok in the middle of the night. Buses go to Mor Chit, the Northern Bus terminal.

Sombat Tours are not in the same league as Nakhon,the rest we have already told the OP,up to him now.

• Like 1

You're right. There's always the danger of theft on a "backpacker express" especially over night. I wanted to tell the OP.....just fly, really not that much more expensive but sometimes every baht counts.

• Like 1

You're right. There's always the danger of theft on a "backpacker express" especially over night. I wanted to tell the OP.....just fly, really not that much more expensive but sometimes every baht counts.

I agree. Just fly. I just bought some tickets to BKK, paid about 600-700 per ticket on Air Asia. I believe the bus costs more.

• Like 1

>>agree. Just fly. I just bought some tickets to BKK, paid about 600-700 per ticket on Air Asia. I believe the bus costs more.<<

Thats only if you book several months in advance .Currently Airasia charge B1,500 at least each way .

• Like 1

>>agree. Just fly. I just bought some tickets to BKK, paid about 600-700 per ticket on Air Asia. I believe the bus costs more.<<

Thats only if you book several months in advance .Currently Airasia charge B1,500 at least each way .

O.K. not very much money. Then book on Nok Air for 890-990 THB.