Job In Bkk Vs Job In Qatar

What holidays are they offering in Doha?

It's only 6 hours flying from Bkk and the moneys a lot better.

Finish work wednesday, on a plane to bkk that night and return for work on friday night. Easy.

Then you can take your longer holidays as well.

Thanks guys for all replies.

Both works are pretty similar in terms of duties and responsibility.

Job in Thailand offers less holidays vs. Qatar for 1 full month.

Work days in Qatar is Sunday through Thursday. Fri & Sat are off days.

Not so much thing to do in Qatar and you will be pretty much alone.

Really hot in the summer, lasting for at least 4-5 months, up to 43 degrees Celcius.

Edited by IndoRealty

I think you’ll find Qatar isn’t as bad as you think.

There will be an expat community that you can mix with. :D Dubai and Bahrain are close by. It won’t take long to find you have plenty of things to do in your spare time.

43 C is nothing to worry about. It gets even hotter than that. :D Aircon and frozen water bottles fix the heat problems. Look on the bright side; you won’t be sweating like mad on your trips to Thailand. :D

Add on possible time off for Hadj and Eide to your yearly holidays and you’ll have plenty of time to relax in Thailand.

Same job, Triple the pay, more holidays.

I know what I would choose. :o

If you have a choice over the following two jobs which one would you choose:

A job that pays US$50,000 net of taxes in Bangkok, or

A job that pays US$150,000 net of taxes in Doha, Qatar

go to qatar no question

yeah...Qatar ain't bad...I worked there in 1996 when it was a sleepy little place when you could get booze with a resident's card. Now I understand that it's linin' up to be the next Bahrain/UAE. For the extra money I say Qatar and do the hols in Thailand. Plus, if you want to live in Thailand and if you have a skill that's valuable and in demand then hang in the Gulf for the big money and to get the network goin'. For some jobs there will always be more goin' on there than in SE Asia. There will always be condos for sale in BKK.

Always good to stay employed and to keep in touch with where the jobs are...the delights of Thailand notwithstanding...

also, I'm told that there are now bars where one can drink....wine and other intoxicants available in restaurants....and the local sheikhs are climbing onto the whorehouse business bandwagon jus' like in Manama, Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Ten years ago you never saw a woman in public in Doha...even covered up...

Used to work there a couple of times. First time was around '94; believe they just started allowing booze in the hotels around that time. Women are available as well but not so in your face as in Bahrain & UAE.

Lots of indian and egyptian "mafia" that runs most of the businesses there. All in all it ain't bad except for all the round-a-bouts you find on the streets. It seems the whole country drives in circles :o

Edited by meom