Minister Chalerm somewhat disheartened by lessening of role

webfact

Minister Chalerm somewhat disheartened by lessening of role

BANGKOK, 4 July 2013 (NNT) – Labor Minister Chalerm Yubamrung admits he was somewhat disheartened by the lessening of his role in the new cabinet line-up, but affirmed he would work to his full capacity in the new post.

According to Police Captain Chalerm, he will go to the Ministry of Labor at 9 am on Thursday and will immediately start working there.

When asked about rumors of him resigning, he said nothing in politics was certain and things could always change, adding that he was well aware of the Thai political landscape.

Pol. Capt. Chalerm, formerly at the helm of the Ministry of Interior and also the deputy prime minister for internal security, added that he was somewhat disheartened by the reduction of his role in the current cabinet ,but said he would work to his full extent no matter what position he in.

In the meantime, Army Commander-in-Chief Prayut Chan-ocha expressed his view that Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's taking a double role as the minister of defense will not afflict the work of the military, adding that soldiers must respect the decisions of their superiors.

General Prayuth also expressed his belief that the prime minister's taking the reins at the Defense Ministry would benefit the tackling of the southern insurgency, as military decisions can be made swiftly and immediately implemented.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-07-04 footer_n.gif

General Prayuth also expressed his belief that the prime minister's taking the reins at the Defense Ministry would benefit the tackling of the southern insurgency, as military decisions can be made swiftly and immediately implemented.

Just curious, has Yingluck opened Pandoras box? As prime minister and minister of defense she could, and should (according to the Dsi) be responsible for any violence, torture or deaths that occur during the armys occupation of the south.

This might be to pre-empt a potential coup against her.

Can't attack the woman it would look bad internationally.

But yes she would now hold greatly increased responsibilities for Army actions,

but also have no increase in the skills needed to do either job, so greater risks.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 2

I can understand Minister Chalerm's disappointment , half of Thailand feel the same, Disappointed, one only has to see the fine examples of conduct from this administration, if judged on a works value basis the whole of this mob of spiffs would be out of work , as for Prime Minister Yingluck ,if she could possibly stay in the country more than one week out of four instead of blowing the rice budget on oversea's junkets ,Hmmm then again ,Thailand is probably fortunate the P.M. is never in the country. coffee1.gif

I can understand Minister Chalerm's disappointment , half of Thailand feel the same, Disappointed, one only has to see the fine examples of conduct from this administration, if judged on a works value basis the whole of this mob of spiffs would be out of work , as for Prime Minister Yingluck ,if she could possibly stay in the country more than one week out of four instead of blowing the rice budget on oversea's junkets ,Hmmm then again ,Thailand is probably fortunate the P.M. is never in the country. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

honestly

The farming industry and labor related issues are "overlooked" for as long as there is a ministry

It must be a huge blow for all related agencies to see a complete starnger in both farming an labor related issues taking the helm and publicly says hes dissapointed with his new role/'job'

...because usually they are not.

The story I got was Yingluck wanted to give him the job in cabinet he was suited for.

But she was to soft hearted to fire the janitor.

I thought it was the men's room attendant. Hot towel sir.

Edited by moe666
  • Like 1

The story I got was Yingluck wanted to give him the job in cabinet he was suited for.

I think his son already has that role as Mr Happy Toilet?

• Like 1

Too bad. Maybe he was angling for one of those highly coveted 'inactive posts' (he's certainly earned one) and someone beat him to it.

Edited by marell

Sorry I had a senior moment.

• Like 1