Phuket raid nets B100mn of pirated goods in Patong

Lite Beer

Phuket raid nets B100mn of pirated goods in Patong
Phuket Gazette -

PHUKET: A Department of Special Investigation (DSI) task force in Phuket yesterday arrested seven people and seized pirated goods with an estimated street value of more than 100 million baht.

Armed with a search warrant and joined by officers from the Patong Police, the DSI agents raided two three-story shophouses in Soi Sukcharoen, off Phang Muang Sai Kor Road in Patong (map here).

“The pirated goods seized mainly comprised luggage, backpacks and clothing,” said Udom Phetcharakut, Director of the DSI’s Regional Operations Center for Region 8, based in Surat Thani.

“Phuket, and Patong in particular, is a haven for pirate goods merchants due to the number of tourists who come here,” he said.

Officials declined to name the suspects arrested.

“Our investigation is ongoing,” Mr Udom said.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Phuket-raid-nets-B100mn-of-pirated-goods-in-Patong-21535.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-07-04

Oh well.A 100 million baht of fake goods will turn up at Krabi for resale in the next day or 2. maybe if the original manufacturers repriced their goods to reflect reduced labour costs by going off shore to asian sweatshops the public could have some sympathy.

Suspects too powerful/influential or have too good connections to such individuals to be named just yet....at least until they've had a chance to buy their way out of what will then become a "misunderstanding".

• Like 1

There will be some smart looking BiB's around Patong now.

Which reminds me, I bought some Levi 505 jeans in Big C the other day. Perfect fit - waist, crutch, leg length.

Only 450 baht. Are they fake, stolen or off a back of a lorry?

Someone has not paid the "tea money"!

A Thai guy I know pays off the "powers that be" one million baht pa so that he can import fake goods from China and has been doing it for over 4 years that I know of...........right in the heart of Patong, and have even seen the BIB at the house drinking with him and family!!

This is just a show for any/all of the reasons already posted.

Someone has not paid the "tea money"!

A Thai guy I know pays off the "powers that be" one million baht pa so that he can import fake goods from China and has been doing it for over 4 years that I know of...........right in the heart of Patong, and have even seen the BIB at the house drinking with him and family!!

This is just a show for any/all of the reasons already posted.

Threads like this and the tuk-tuk ,taxi ,slow loris,in bangla etc,etc in fact near everything ''illegal''is occuring because of ''tea money''

This link below is a good insight into some of what goes on..;

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/651179-in-danger-of-being-a-nation-run-by-thieves-thai-editorial/?utm_source=newsletter-20130704-0938&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news