Overlapping Visa. Advise Needed.

Hi All,

I used to be in the military and when I was deployed to work in Thailand, I was given a Non-Immigrant Visa 'F' Multiple Entry.

Now that I'm out of the military and out into the working world, I found myself a job in Thailand.

In order to apply for work permit, one of the criteria is to obtain a Non-Immigrant 'B' Visa from Singapore (I'm from Singapore).

I would like to check, with my previous Non-Immigrant 'F' Visa till 23rd August 2013, can I still go ahead to apply for my Non-Immigrant 'B' Visa?

If yes, good.... If not, what is the procedure that I must go through before applying my Non-Immigrant 'B' Visa? Apply to cancel my previous 'F' visa or what?

Can someone advise me? Thanks.

Normally only one active is allowed in passport for Thailand but appears first was issued by Singapore and this will be issued by Singapore so they should just cancel without issues. If another Consulate were doing they might not want to touch the visa issued by a different Consulate however.

So I can go ahead to apply Non-Immigrant 'B' Visa from Thai Embassy in Singapore and this will overwrite my existing Non-Immigrant 'F' Visa which i got it from Thai Embassy in Singapore?

Cos I wouldn't want to Pay SGD100 to apply for the N-I 'B' Visa and they reject due to the fact that I have an existing one and I would need to pay again after cancellation....

You pay as they accept the paperwork so you can point it out before you pay - do not believe it will be a problem as they issued the original visa so should not have an issue stamping it canceled.