A word of warning to buying your thai wife a business.

aussieexpat1068

To the OP ...

Just a repeat of a simple question from my post # 19

... just what type of "Release/Get out clause" are you suggesting?

As another member has suggested. "A transfer of lease with landlord approval" is the best terminology I heard in regard to your question. My description probably needed better grammar. Regards

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but can't be arsed to read such a badly written story (ever heard of paragraph marks?)

Anyway, living here in my 12th year and every time my wife tells me about running some kind of business I kindly listen to her.

Next topic please?

But you did and your post proves it. Excuse me also. I didn't realise I was being graded on my grammar. Got to love some of the projected perfection here on TV.

I am glad the OP got out of things reasonably intact. I have chosen the route, rather than buying a business, to invest in education and other related expenses so that the Thai significant other now has a good job with a large well-established Thai corporation -- Now if she can just keep her temper under control she probably has a job for life.

To the OP ...

Just a repeat of a simple question from my post # 19

... just what type of "Release/Get out clause" are you suggesting?

As another member has suggested. "A transfer of lease with landlord approval" is the best terminology I heard in regard to your question. My description probably needed better grammar. Regards

That's potentially doable.

I just got the inference of a 'walk away clause with no redress to the Lessee' in your OP.

But to have some allowed to 'take over your lease' with the Landlord's approval ... that's done sometimes in the West, so I'd presume doable in Thailand.

Thanks for coming back and clarifying ... thumbsup.gif

Sorry, but can't be arsed to read such a badly written story (ever heard of paragraph marks?)

Anyway, living here in my 12th year and every time my wife tells me about running some kind of business I kindly listen to her.

Next topic please?

But you did and your post proves it. Excuse me also. I didn't realise I was being graded on my grammar. Got to love some of the projected perfection here on TV.

't was not about grammar, but about using your keyboard to make a text readable.

And no, I did not read beyond the first 3 lines, simply gave up, the topic title tells more than your rant tongue.png