Urgent advise required, dire situation.

OP: Within Thai law they view each case as being very different and hence do not always apply any form of case law.

http://www.thailand-laws.org/sources-of-thai-law.php

Before you meet with a lawyer you may like to do some reading, but as said by Mario listen very carefully to any advice given, especially the practicality of actually enforcing any Court decision, appeal process etc. E.g. Sinsod is property given on the part of the man to the parents, adopter of guardian of the woman, as the case may be, in return of the woman agreeing to marry. If the marriage does not take place causing mainly from the woman or on account of any circumstances that make the woman responsible therefore and make the marriage unsuitable for the man or make the man unable to marry that woman, the man may claim the return of the Sinsod.

http://www.samuiforsale.com/law-texts/thailand-civil-code-part-3.html#1434

Thanks Simple1, will read this and ask questions after the footy.... cheers mate

The law is the law, a judge decides the outcome of a lawsuit. What is morally wrong is wrong. Nothing can change that. Whether 1 was naive, too good of trust therefore, or ignorant. He learned his lesson. The 1's saying, just walk away, keep the scamming practices in place. No principles ! Shame on you guys.

Good luck OP with your endeavours !

Sometimes farang do get justice

I know of a case where a farang in Bangkok bought a pick-up truck and put it in his girlfriend's name. She then left him and took the pick-up with her to her home in the north. The farang went after her, found her, and was awarded the pick-up.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I know of a case where a farang in Bangkok bought a pick-up truck and put it in his girlfriend's name. She then left him and took the pick-up with her to her home in the north. The farang went after her, found her, and was awarded the pick-up.

Agreed. I know a guy whos GF sold the truck which was in her name but he took her to court and won the monies back as he had actually paid for the truck.

Weird things do happen here all the time and I would not have believed it had I not been close enough to know.

1. There are thousands of stories just like yours

IMO, the common denominator is very frequently the part of Thailand where the women come from.

To quote the OP:

I wanted to start a small Business in phuket as an extra to my job as a construction manager and after meeting her family in Issan, was advised that it would be better to start Business up there and was given various reasons to substantiate this idea.

• Like 1

OP - you've been done, and you provided the Vaseline. Sorry to be blunt, but you seem to think you have some sort of recourse. You don't stand a shit-show of getting a penny back. You picked the wrong girl, and you failed to inform yourself of the potential for grief that can happen if you do not protect your interests and undertake due-diligence.

If a lawyer says they can help you, they actually mean they will be more than happy to waste their time for you as long as you pay in advance - it will just cost you more money. In fact the more you pursue the matter the more you risk winding up being a victim of involuntary suicide.

Write it off. Put it down to experience and learn from your mistakes. You'll be a wiser man next time (I hope). In the meantime, don't buy any bridges - especially in Thailand. whistling.gif

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Like 1

You don't stand a shit-show of getting a penny back.

If a lawyer says they can help you, they actually mean they will be more than happy to waste their time for you as long as you pay in advance - it will just cost you more money.

This is the harsh truth.

• Like 1

You don't stand a shit-show of getting a penny back.

If a lawyer says they can help you, they actually mean they will be more than happy to waste their time for you as long as you pay in advance - it will just cost you more money.

This is the harsh truth.

I was about to post the very same thing. The lawyers will listen to you sympathetically and will make encouraging noises but they will take whatever money you have left. Cut your losses and move on, or be prepared to lose however much more money you throw at this case.

Please be careful

Lawyers cost money and they will cost you both time and money

Forget about the lost money Just do not add more to the lost by giving money to a

lawyer

By this time these scam artist or poor fools most likely have no money left to give back

They are trying to thiink of a new scam for you as they fooled you once

Thanks everyone for the input, as i said before all is taken on-board and duly noted, even the advice/comments i really didn't want to hear but have ALWAYS thought..., i am not stupid, although you all may think so hehe, i have just been done over and as one poster said, yes i supplied the vaseline or KY whatever lube that worked and was reamed to no end.... but it hurts. :)

I feel more confused than before as i have mixed advice, with both sides having good merit... F me... maybe i just go the thai approach and see how that goes.

I do have a staff member that is very high in the Police, is that an avenue to pursue, or is this just asking f more grief as we all have opinions of the BIB?

Thanks again guys, much appreciated information and i hope this thread may help others in my predicament.

Cheers

Scott

I know of a farang that got half back in Nong Han by using the Thai way of settling things.

Hi All,

Thanks to you guys with the constructive comments/advice, its much appreciated and everyone posts are taken on-board, you know who you are, so many many thanks.

just to answer some questions asked, The chanote is in my wife/partners name, but i have the papers in my possession, same as the green books for bikes and farm equipment... if that helps at all, i'm not sure!

2 M baht is a lot of money to me under the circumstances of losing it!!!

Especially as i am young and i am not retired and have already given my ex-aussie missus a million dollar home in Oz plus everything in it, so my 3 kids dont go without! All i wanted to do is get on with my life and start another chapter and live and work here as i have always wanted too, but never could before when i was married. I have been travelling to thailand for over 20 years on holidays i love this place.

I was offered work here in Thailand so came here with enough cash to live a comfortable life and invest in a small business to give me a moderate income after i got sick of construction which i have been doing since i was 15 years old. My salary alone is enough to live on comfortably but i will not condone and just "accept" that i have been ripped off and then be another farang statistic and not fight it, or just jump from a building because i lost my savings!

I dont want to be negative here, but anyone who thinks that $60,000 +AUD is something to throw away is a <deleted> and has no brains, if you were in Business with a mindset like that, you wouldn't last long.... This is personal money I worked hard for and i'll be stuffed if i wont try to get it back after clearly being scammed. 2M baht can buy me a small condo in Phuket OR build me a beautiful home in issan on my lovely piece of land, why would i just through it away and chalk it up to experience?

Some will laugh and criticize, but i hope i can give you all some positive news in the future, i will even go to the media and tell the story if all avenues have been exhausted.

Wish me luck and i hope to still get some good advice like some of the posters who have already written.

Keep the info coming please.

Thanks guys, have a good day.

20yrs experiance of thailand what the hell have you been up to? you dont seem to have learnt f-all.

as its been suggested talk to sebastian at isaan lawyers[044-245001]for english] you might learn something.

• 1 month later...

Thanks everyone for the input, as i said before all is taken on-board and duly noted, even the advice/comments i really didn't want to hear but have ALWAYS thought..., i am not stupid, although you all may think so hehe, i have just been done over and as one poster said, yes i supplied the vaseline or KY whatever lube that worked and was reamed to no end.... but it hurts. smile.png

I feel more confused than before as i have mixed advice, with both sides having good merit... F me... maybe i just go the thai approach and see how that goes.

I do have a staff member that is very high in the Police, is that an avenue to pursue, or is this just asking f more grief as we all have opinions of the BIB?

Thanks again guys, much appreciated information and i hope this thread may help others in my predicament.

Cheers

Scott

Good luck mate & i think your ONLY option is to use your connection and settle it the Thai way!

This is personal money I worked hard for and i'll be stuffed if i wont try to get it back after clearly being scammed. 2M baht can buy me a small condo in Phuket OR build me a beautiful home in issan on my lovely piece of land,

When did you buy land in Issan ?